PDA

View Full Version : YAPP - Yet Another Positive Post

brothers
2005-12-19, 00:33
My SB3 arrived a few days ago; took almost five minutes to get it up and running :)

We've had a LinkSys WMA11B Wireless Media Adapter in the living room for about a year, with a small (ancient) computer monitor connected to it. My wife groks the WMA UI, and has gotten used to it. I was worried the that the WAF would go down the tubes with the one-line display on the SB. Turns out not to be the case - it's actually much easier to navigate the music collection on the SB than on the WMA, despite the latter's multi-line display. You guys must be channeling Don Norman, even though he's not dead.

That the SB is also controllable from any web browser (the Nokia 770 in my pocket; the laptop she uses when she's working at home) is just beginning to dawn on her. With a little effort on the part of the IT department (me), she'll be able to use SoftSqueeze at work to access her music.

This is _seriously_ good technology! Robert Heinlein once said that the mark of good technology is that "its bones don't show", and you guys have achieved that. The thing just works, and it works the way you expect it to.

Kudos!

- Dennis Brothers

brothers
2005-12-19, 00:54
Damn.

Now she wants the same capability in the kitchen. I knew I shoulda taken advantage of the $100-off-two deal. She hasn't yet seen the credit card bill for the first one - that would've been a big brouhaha if she didn't like the system so much.

Don't suppose you guys can offer a discount for recent purchasers? It looks like I could return the first unit under your thirty-day satisfaction guarantee (though hard to pretend I'm not satisfied :), then order two more - care to save both of us a lot of hassle and paperwork? :) :)

- Dennis Brothers

ezkcdude
2005-12-19, 07:01
Damn.

Now she wants the same capability in the kitchen. I knew I shoulda taken advantage of the $100-off-two deal. She hasn't yet seen the credit card bill for the first one - that would've been a big brouhaha if she didn't like the system so much.

Don't suppose you guys can offer a discount for recent purchasers? It looks like I could return the first unit under your thirty-day satisfaction guarantee (though hard to pretend I'm not satisfied :), then order two more - care to save both of us a lot of hassle and paperwork? :) :)

- Dennis Brothers

They don't. Shortly after I got one, my brother decided he wanted one, so we called Slim and asked them if they could give the $100 off retroactively. In short, the answer is "No". So, we did decide to return mine and order two at the same time. We'll get the $100 off, but I hate being without my SqueezeBox!