PDA

View Full Version : Can SB3 decode these streams?

Claus-DK
2005-12-17, 15:11
Hopefulle a simple question:

Can the SB3 decode these threams:

http://www.dr.dk/tjenester/netradio/Metafiler/ASX/DR_P1_128.asx

http://www.dr.dk/tjenester/netradio/Metafiler/ASX/DR_P3_128.asx

Regards
Claus

Michaelwagner
2005-12-17, 21:32
Yes, I just tried them both.
The first is at the moment playing some kind of talk radio in a language I don't speak, and the second is playing Bing Crosby's White Christmas.

Claus-DK
2005-12-18, 02:38
Yes, I just tried them both.
The first is at the moment playing some kind of talk radio in a language I don't speak, and the second is playing Bing Crosby's White Christmas.

Thanks Michael!

Now I only have to find a European reseller that have the SB3 wireless on stock.

Hopefully the Bing Crosby tune is over when I get the SB3 ;)

Regards
Claus

Michaelwagner
2005-12-18, 07:01
What language was it? Danish?

Michaelwagner
2005-12-18, 07:21
Oh, I should probably tell you how I did it and not merely that I did it, because it wasn't the most obvious thing in the world to accomplish.

Step 1: the forum software mangles long URLs. What is shown on the web interface to the forum is not the proper URL. A piece in the middle is replaced by an ellipsis ("..."). I'm not sure why this is, but it's annoying and I wish it were possible to turn this "feature" off. In any case, in windows I right clicked the URL and used copy shortcut.

2. From the web interface, select Radio Tunein. Paste the URL into the Radio URL box and hit Tune In.

3. The interface will work for a few seconds and transform the URL into a quite different one that starts mms:// ... This doesn't happen for every radio station, but it happens for some and it happened for this one.

4. If you like this station and you don't want to do this again every time, you can either make it a playlist (click "The current playlist: Save" in the right hand pane) or make it a favorite (from the remote, click the "Now Playing" button, click right (it should say (1 of 4) at the top), right click again (it should say (1 of 5), hit the down key to get to 5 of 5, it should say click right key to save as favorite, do so, now it's a favorite.

5. I don't know how to make favorites from the web ui, but once it's a favorite, you can select it from the remote control by clicking favorites, then using the up and down keys or the number of the favorite, then hitting Play. At the web interface, select favorites then the little Play button to the right of your favorite.

Hope this helps.

Claus-DK
2005-12-19, 09:17
Yes it was Danish!

Thanks for the detailed guide. I already figured out how to make the favourites just by creating pls-files.

SoftSqueeze couldn't play the streams I asked about so I was curious if the SB3 could.

I just ordered a SB3 so now there's another toy on its way for the geek to play with during Christmas ;)

Regards
Claus

Jimmy-DK
2005-12-20, 13:38
Hej Claus,

Tillykke med din Slim Device ... min er også på vej ind ... kommer fredag :-) (That was in Danish)

You can get more streams here ->

http://www.dr.dk/netradio/html/afspillere/03.shtml

Regards,

Jimmy

Michaelwagner
2005-12-20, 18:43
Tillykke med din Slim Device ... min er også på vej ind ... kommer fredag :-) (That was in Danish)
OK, I got:
yours is on the way and coming in Friday
what's Tillykke mean?

Jimmy-DK
2005-12-21, 00:24
Tillykke = congratulations ;-)