PDA

View Full Version : Network Storage

oysteinq
2005-12-17, 10:11
Hello :)

I'm wondering if its possible to set up SlimServer's music folder on a different network computer. What im trying to do, is i have my Music on my desktop computer, and SlimServer software on my server computer. I tried to specify the Music Folder: "\\oysteinq\Music", but endless to say, got an error saying:

"Oops - "\\oysteinq\Music" doesn't seem to be a valid directory. Try again."

Perhaps there's another trigger or solution for it? :)

JJZolx
2005-12-17, 10:29
Hello :)

I'm wondering if its possible to set up SlimServer's music folder on a different network computer. What im trying to do, is i have my Music on my desktop computer, and SlimServer software on my server computer. I tried to specify the Music Folder: "\\oysteinq\Music", but endless to say, got an error saying:

"Oops - "\\oysteinq\Music" doesn't seem to be a valid directory. Try again."

Perhaps there's another trigger or solution for it? :)
Windows server? You'll need to run the SlimServer service under a user account to be able to access network shares.

oysteinq
2005-12-17, 10:34
Windows server? You'll need to run the SlimServer service under a user account to be able to access network shares.

And how do I do that?

oysteinq
2005-12-17, 10:44
If you say A. You have to tell B, mate.

Just give me a better explanation, and i'll probably figure it out. Just didn't quite understand what you ment.

JJZolx
2005-12-17, 10:46
And how do I do that?
Which operating system? In XP, get to Services by either

Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services

or

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

or

Start > Run and type in 'services.msc'

Find the 'SlimServer' service, double-click, and go to the 'Log On' tab. Change the account from 'Local System' to a user account on your computer and enter the password, if any. You may want to create a user account used solely for SlimServer.

oysteinq
2005-12-17, 11:05
Thank you, sir. 'Tis working quite nicely now :)

radish
2005-12-17, 15:41
Just FYI

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_faq.html#troubleshooting-sharedvolume