PDA

View Full Version : seeking and fast forward/rewind

Paul Forgey
2005-12-16, 22:00
Now that I've been using my SliMP3 for podcasts I've noticed a very serious shortcoming in the interface. Fast forward and rewind are absolutely painful to use when scanning through a 40 minute broadcast. Even worse is if I mean to hit rewind and end up seeking all the way back. The fast winding needs to be faster, and a way to directly jump to a time marker via the web UI would also help out a lot.

Another thing I've also noticed is that if I seek for long enough, the "Play" button on the remote for some reason quits working. I can pause and play via the web ui but only pause and not play with the remote. When it's in this state, I can't get it out of fast forward or fast rewind. So when I go from pause to play via the web UI, it resumes the fast forward or fast rewind it was in.

mikeb
2005-12-16, 23:41
Paul,

Check out the Scanner plugin, it makes Fast Forward/Rewind much more
tolerable.

-- Mike

Paul Forgey wrote:
> Now that I've been using my SliMP3 for podcasts I've noticed a very
> serious shortcoming in the interface. Fast forward and rewind are
> absolutely painful to use when scanning through a 40 minute broadcast.
> Even worse is if I mean to hit rewind and end up seeking all the way
> back. The fast winding needs to be faster, and a way to directly jump
> to a time marker via the web UI would also help out a lot.
>
>

PoW
2005-12-17, 21:58
I haven't used Scanner before but I have to comment on this as well, I listen to a lot of trance and most of the mixes I listen to are 1 or 2 hours long. It is a major bummer if I want to skip through a particular point in the song (which is often). I am going to install scanner right now.

radish
2005-12-17, 23:18
Just as an FYI, if you rip your mixes as individual tracks it makes it easier to jump around in them too.

PoW
2005-12-18, 13:12
I must be doing something stupid here, I dropped the scanner plugin into the plugins folder and restarted the server. I did not see any indication the plugin was installed in the plugins menu in server options. Does it have to be in its own folder? What am I missing.