PDA

View Full Version : No iTunes playlists in SB3

drhanso
2005-12-16, 13:21
Hi,

on both my Mac and PC the slim server does not find any of my iT playlists, at least they don't show. The music files itself are imported into Slim. How can I use my iT playlists with SB3?

-Hans

Grimnebulin
2005-12-18, 15:37
Deleted post - found that the iTunes library location is found in iTUnes under edit>preferences>advanced - that is where the folder location is shown if this helps anyone.

drhanso
2005-12-19, 00:30
Deleted post - found that the iTunes library location is found in iTUnes under edit>preferences>advanced - that is where the folder location is shown if this helps anyone.

That doesn't help in my case.
What I've found out so far is:

If your iTunes setup is standard then and only then (so far at least) the playlists will show, PC and Mac.
If your music files live on a separate partition, then no playlists (PC).
If your music folder is in /Users/Shared, which makes sense if your home folder is encrypted, then no playlists (Mac).
If you use an alias in the original location that points to your music files, then still no playlists.

I've solved this temporarily by reversing to the default setup - does not make sense as a permanent solution because other users should be able to see my music files too and keeping them in an encrypted home folder raises some questions about performance.

Otherwise, SB3 is the perfect gadget!

-Hans