PDA

View Full Version : Default player in web interface

JJZolx
2005-12-16, 10:50
I recently added a second SB2 to my network. When I pull up SlimServer in a browser, the player displayed in the right-hand pane is always the second player (second both in that I added it last and second alphabetically). This new player is used in a secondary system, while the original is in my main audio system.

Invariably I'll end up playing music on the secondary system when I intend to play it on the main system. Can the default player shown in the web interface be changed?

bishopdonmiguel
2005-12-16, 11:07
> Can the default player shown in the web interface be changed?

I've asked this question a few times myself. Seems some other skin(s) remember the last player used but not the default skin. As I prefer the default skin, my workaround was to physically switch the players and rename them. This workaround has been very effective and the prefered player always appears by default. Not sure what the selection is actually based on, but I've always assumed it has something to do with the MAC addresses.

Richie
2005-12-16, 11:09
> Invariably I'll end up playing music on the secondary system when I
> intend to play it on the main system. Can the default player shown in
> the web interface be changed?
>
>
> --
> JJZolx
>
> Jim

This was discussed not long ago:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=18757

You just have to change the shortcut you use to call up Slimserver.

Richard

JJZolx
2005-12-16, 11:18
Not sure what the selection is actually based on, but I've always assumed it has something to do with the MAC addresses.
I tried renaming them: "Bedroom" and "Main" thinking it might list them alphabetically (it does) and always select the last one (nope), but it chooses the first player.

I'm betting that it has to do with the order that the clients are listed in the server configuration file. I'll try shutting down the server and swapping the order of the clients in the prefs file to see if that might be the case.

JJZolx
2005-12-16, 11:42
I'm betting that it has to do with the order that the clients are listed in the server configuration file. I'll try shutting down the server and swapping the order of the clients in the prefs file to see if that might be the case.
Looks like they get sorted by MAC address in the prefs file. If I change the order, SlimServer jusr overwrites the prefs file with the old order. Although they're displayed in alpha order in the web interface, it looks like SlimServer selects the last one in the MAC address ordering.

bishopdonmiguel
2005-12-16, 12:19
> Looks like they get sorted by MAC address in the prefs file. If I change the order, SlimServer jusr overwrites the prefs file with the old order.

Yeah, this was my experience too and that's when I threw in the towel and went with the physical swap. I did read you can specify the player in the URL string. Workable solution I suppose but the physical swap was a better solution for my situation and preference.

ChrisB
2005-12-16, 12:27
You can set the MAC address on the player, I believe - nothing to stop
you swapping them! Can someone remind us of how to do it?

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of
bishopdonmiguel
Sent: 16 December 2005 19:20
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Re: Default player in web interface

> Looks like they get sorted by MAC address in the prefs file. If I
change the order, SlimServer jusr overwrites the prefs file with the
old order.

Yeah, this was my experience too and that's when I threw in the towel
and went with the physical swap. I did read you can specify the player
in the URL string. Workable solution I suppose but the physical swap
was a better solution for my situation and preference.

--
bishopdonmiguel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bishopdonmiguel's Profile:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=278
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19174

radish
2005-12-16, 14:59
Just use a shortcut...

liv
2005-12-17, 07:20
Richie

Thanks for the link... been fumble fingerin' it for some time.

Liv

sleepysurf
2005-12-17, 08:05
I simply SWAPPED two of my squeezeboxes, so that the MAC address listed first in Slimserver is the one used for my Main audio setup.