PDA

View Full Version : Success!

Kyle
2005-12-12, 20:29
Got my SB3 wireless tonight at 9:20. The UPS guy was running late with Christmas deliveries. I had already done all my wiring, so I was ready to go. Plugged everything in, went through the setup menu, downloaded the updated firmware and ... everything worked perfectly! I'm finding out I have to re-rip a CD or two, but so far everything is working as advertised. Reading this board, I've been worried ever since I placed my order that I would have problems. Thought you might want to hear a success story -- and wireless at that.

JJZolx
2005-12-12, 23:11
Got my SB3 wireless tonight at 9:20. The UPS guy was running late with Christmas deliveries. I had already done all my wiring, so I was ready to go. Plugged everything in, went through the setup menu, downloaded the updated firmware and ... everything worked perfectly! I'm finding out I have to re-rip a CD or two, but so far everything is working as advertised. Reading this board, I've been worried ever since I placed my order that I would have problems. Thought you might want to hear a success story -- and wireless at that.
Why the need to re-rip? If you're seeing screwiness in the tags (based on how SlimServer is cataloging the files), then just retag the files. On the other hand, if you're actually hearing glitches in the files, then re-rip...

seanadams
2005-12-13, 00:05

Kyle, very kind of you to post your success story!

thanks,
Sean

mherger
2005-12-13, 00:20
> Kyle, very kind of you to post your success story!

Yeah, we should get these positive comments a little more traffic :-)

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

seanadams
2005-12-13, 00:32
> Kyle, very kind of you to post your success story!

Yeah, we should get these positive comments a little more traffic :-)

Yes it was a bit of a "shanmeless bump" on my part, but seriously, there is not much to talk about or motivation to post in the first place when everything works.

As such newbies reading these forums are often put off by the number of complications, when really the overwhelming majority are not having problems.

The "need help" posts are extremely valuable to us in understanding what we need to improve, but it's still nice to get a comment with a smiley. :)

vdorta
2005-12-13, 05:35
I had the same good experience with my wireless SB2, right from the start.