PDA

View Full Version : Changing remote codes for jvc_dvd

BigBirdy
2005-12-12, 12:29
I have an AllInOne Cinema 7 Universal remote and although I can control play and pause and power with my SB1 in jvc_dvd mode, the channel up/down buttons control the brightness as the snip below in jvc_dvd.ir indicates. Does anyone know how I can change this so the CH buttons control next and previous track on the SB1?

Snip from jvc_dvd.ir:

brightness_down = 0000f78d # this is CH- on this remote
brightness_up = 0000f70d # this is CH+ on this remote

d_pete
2005-12-12, 15:29
Slimserver has a very flexible way of handling remote controls so there are several ways of doing this

The short answer to your question could be change

brightness_down = 0000f78d # this is CH- on this remote
brightness_up = 0000f70d # this is CH+ on this remote

to

rew = 0000f78d
fwd = 0000f70d

A single press will then do a jump_rew or jump_fwd (terms used in default.map)

Of course REW and FWD may already do this and if you hold the button by mistake it changes to a scan_rew or scan_fwd

You might lose your changes on an upgrade so it would be better to create a my_jvc_dvd.ir and use that instead (change the setting in player settings - remote. If you create a new .ir file in your IR directory then it will appear in addition)

Hope this works for you

BigBirdy
2005-12-12, 17:50
Hey EXCELLENT!! It worked fine. One more q if possible. I dont get any "pause" functionality and only hitting stop will stop playbakc. Can I map a pause function to the pause button? I guess I need the correct code?

d_pete
2005-12-13, 03:52
PAUSE is already mapped in jvc_dvd.ir

Single press pauses and press and hold stops.

It may be that your remote isn't sending the code that matches the one in the .ir file

Try enabling debug d_ir then pressing PAUSE on the remote then looking in the log file to see what code slimserver is receiving

If e.g. it receives 0000f7ff then edit the ir file to have

pause = 0000f7ff

If your stop button works as a stop then it must be sending the code for stop which is 0000f7c2

stop = 0000f7c2

So if you change this to

pause = 0000f7c2

then your stop button (which sends f7c2) will pause on a single press and stop on a held press

I have had the same thoughts as yourself as I have a OneForAll URC8910 and wanted the transport controls to perform as labelled. Achieved this easily with a minor edit of the .ir file and added a small custom.map.

That underlined that I made the right choice going for an SB - works out of the box but allows you to customise it to get it just right.

Just out of interest, which OneForAll device setup code do you use?

BigBirdy
2005-12-13, 11:36
Where the heck do the slimserver log files go??? I have been hunting all over the place? Certainly not /var/log or in the syslog file

bearklaw
2005-12-13, 14:16
The logfiles should be in ~/Library/Logs/slimserver.log. Which reminds me, I need to add that to my list of logs to rotate periodically. Anybody know if the slimserver keeps the log open, or just opens it as needed? Much easier to rotate out if it only opens when needed.

-Barry

d_pete
2005-12-13, 15:42
Sorry BigBirdy - didn't think it would be a pain

There's a link on the Server Settings/Debugging web page - in the text at the top where it says ...

You can view the most recent log entries here.

'here' is a hyperlink

pfarrell
2005-12-13, 20:53
On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 13:16 -0800, bearklaw wrote:
> The logfiles should be in ~/Library/Logs/slimserver.log.

Hmm, mine are in /tmp/slimserver.log

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html

kdf
2005-12-13, 21:09
On 13-Dec-05, at 7:53 PM, Pat Farrell wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 13:16 -0800, bearklaw wrote:
>> The logfiles should be in ~/Library/Logs/slimserver.log.
>
> Hmm, mine are in /tmp/slimserver.log
>
as it would be for linux. and the earlier location for osx.

-kdf