PDA

View Full Version : Player ON, OFF, STANDBY

JJZolx
2005-12-10, 14:43
I'm away from my home network right now, so can't test this for myself. When a player is "OFF", does it

a) remain connected to the network?

b) remain connected to SlimServer?

Is the only way to turn on a player in the "OFF" state via the power button? I see that you can turn

What is the "standby" player state that I sometimes see mentioned here?

JJZolx
2005-12-10, 15:17
I'm away from my home network right now, so can't test this for myself. When a player is "OFF", does it

a) remain connected to the network?

b) remain connected to SlimServer?

Is the only way to turn on a player in the "OFF" state via the power button? I see that you can turn

What is the "standby" player state that I sometimes see mentioned here?
Ok, so thinking about this a bit... Given that you can power an SB on or off from the web server and that screensavers like date/time that can be run when the SB is "OFF" are implemented by the server, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that the player stays connected to both the network and the server when it's off.

When I've read "standby" mode here in these forums I'm guessing that it could mean that either the player is OFF, or else it's ON but not playing music.

radish
2005-12-10, 16:23
a) Yes
b) Yes
c) No - you can turn off via the remote or from the web interface.

I don't think there is a specific standby state, I think some people call "off" standaby because it's not really off, like a TV in standby.