PDA

View Full Version : A very annoying glitch.

gdg
2005-12-09, 17:21
Every time I open Slim Server on my computer, make some changes to my playlists and then disconnect I can't get my Squeezebox to connect. It happens every time. I shut down on my computer, go to my listening chair, attempt to turn on my SB and can't connect. This is very irritating.
Gerry

Ps If I open up the Slim Server again, make NO changes, and THEN shut down my SB works fine.

JJZolx
2005-12-09, 17:29
Every time I open Slim Server on my computer, make some changes to my playlists and then disconnect I can't get my Squeezebox to connect.
What is it that you "disconnect" after you make these playlist changes? If the Squeezebox had been connected to the server, modifying a playlist won't disconnect it.

It happens every time. I shut down on my computer, go to my listening chair, attempt to turn on my SB and can't connect.
And what is it that you're saying you "shut down" on your computer?

gdg
2005-12-09, 22:12
1)I open the slim server on my computer.
2)I make some changes to my playlists.
3)I close the slim server.
4)Later, when I attempt to turn on my SB with my remote, it won't connect with Slim Server.
5)I open the Slimserver on my computer again and close it.
6)Now my SB will connect.

kronos
2005-12-10, 08:35
try and check out this solution...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=18906

;)

radish
2005-12-10, 10:26
1)I open the slim server on my computer.
2)I make some changes to my playlists.
3)I close the slim server.
4)Later, when I attempt to turn on my SB with my remote, it won't connect with Slim Server.
5)I open the Slimserver on my computer again and close it.
6)Now my SB will connect.
I'm still a little confused. You say you shut down the slimserver - do you really mean that or do you mean you close your browser? If you shut down the server then the SB has nothing to connect to....

gdg
2005-12-10, 13:33
I'm still a little confused. You say you shut down the slimserver - do you really mean that or do you mean you close your browser? If you shut down the server then the SB has nothing to connect to....

I close the browser. (I close the Slimserver window).

radish
2005-12-10, 14:00
Is it possible your PC is going to sleep inbetween closing the browser and turning on the SB?

gdg
2005-12-10, 15:07
The problem arises when I delete a playlist. If I open and close slimserver without making a change there is no problem.