PDA

View Full Version : Not scanning whole library

dwillym
2005-12-08, 23:56
Just fired up the box and the slimserver doesn't scan my whole library...it only gets about a 3rd of it. it's pointed to 'my music' and everything and i've done a rescan, but whenever i do that the device disconnects and the webpage says i'm not connected any more. it's as if the device needs to be on to perform the scan, but doing the scan makes it disconnect. any help is much appreciated.

kdf
2005-12-09, 00:07
On 8-Dec-05, at 10:56 PM, dwillym wrote:

>
> Just fired up the box and the slimserver doesn't scan my whole
> library...it only gets about a 3rd of it. it's pointed to 'my music'
> and everything and i've done a rescan, but whenever i do that the
> device disconnects and the webpage says i'm not connected any more.
> it's as if the device needs to be on to perform the scan, but doing the
> scan makes it disconnect. any help is much appreciated.
>
look in the windows event viewer (start->settings->control
panel->administrative tools)
there should be a message left there that would give some indication of
why the server stops.

i have assumed you are using windows, since you haven't stated the OS
or the version of slimserver.
That info would help too.

-kdf

Brian Ritchie
2005-12-09, 05:38
This sounds like a problem that I had - see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=18190. I think it was caused by ill-set URL tags in WMA files . I had multiple files where this tag had been set to "www.allofmp3.com". Setting the tag to empty (I could not remove it with the tools at hand) also caused SS to crash on (re)scan.

It was fixed in the 6.2.2 nightly of 2005-11-22, so should also be in the latest 6.2.2.

-- Brian

dwillym
2005-12-09, 17:08
thanks for the tips, i'll give 6.2.2 a shot tonight. when it's all said and done - provided that it eventually scans a l l my music - this is one of the coolest, most useful electronic thingies i've yet to purchase.