PDA

View Full Version : Replaygain help

jwmelvin
2005-12-07, 13:22
I am trying to get replaygain going. Using a linux slimserver 6.2.1, and jRiver Media Center 11 to calculate & tag files. I use the digital output from a SB2.

When I look at the tags, they do contain the information. But nothing seems to change on playback. Through the web interface, file info shows the Beats/min., which is calculated by Media Center in the same operation as replaygain, but there is no indication of the replaygain tag, or volume adjustment (isn't that what slimserver calls it?).

Should the behavior change immediately when i change the setting under player settings > audio?

Do I need to rescan my library to incorporate the changed tags? I just set it at work, and made sure nightly re-scans are on.

Any ideas?

kdf
2005-12-07, 13:36
Quoting jwmelvin <jwmelvin.1zosfn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> I am trying to get replaygain going. Using a linux slimserver 6.2.1, and
> jRiver Media Center 11 to calculate & tag files. I use the digital
> output from a SB2.
>

jRiver uses its own custom tag for replaygain. This was added to
slimserver trunk about 4 weeks ago. This means that it is not supported
in 6.2.1. Try the 6.2.2 nightly builds instead.

-kdf

jwmelvin
2005-12-08, 08:17
Okay, I installed 6.2.2 from 12/7, and that didn't seem to do the trick. So, today I tried adding replaygain with Foobar, and now the song info display from the Slimserver web interface shows volume adjustment. Also - volume adjustment works now! It seems like somehow, it is not recognizing the tags from jRiver.

mp3tag shows the following tags:

Replay Gain = -14.09394
Replaygain_album_gain = -8.68 dB
Replaygain_album_peak = 0.999969
Replaygain_track_gain = -8.14 dB
Replaygain_track_peak = 0.999969

I guess the reference point is different for jRiver and Foobar. The Foobar gains are a few dB higher (closer to zero) than jRiver.

But it would still be great if this worked for me using jRiver. Any further suggestions?

jRiver uses its own custom tag for replaygain. This was added to
slimserver trunk about 4 weeks ago. This means that it is not supported
in 6.2.1. Try the 6.2.2 nightly builds instead.
-kdf