PDA

View Full Version : Doubled entries after rescan 6.2.2

smr888
2005-12-06, 05:42
Hello,

After a re-scan of my library, I now find every track appears twice, e.g.

1. Track Title 1 from Album Title by Artist
1. Track Title 1 from Album Title by Artist
2. Track Title 2 from Album Title by Artist
2. Track Title 2 from Album Title by Artist
3. Track Title 3 from Album Title by Artist
3. Track Title 3 from Album Title by Artist

etc.

I tried downloading the latest nightly (6.2.2 - 5333) and doing a rescan with "Clear library and rescan everything" selected, and still get this. Any thoughts?

smr888
2005-12-08, 18:45
I'm still having this problem with yesterday's nightly. It's pretty frustrating not to be able to play an album without deleting every other track after selecting it. Are others able to rescan without causing duplicated tracks? If so, is there some sort of comprehensive uninstall for SlimServer that I should use to try to get this to work properly?

Dan Sully
2005-12-08, 19:16
* smr888 shaped the electrons to say...

>I'm still having this problem with yesterday's nightly. It's pretty
>frustrating not to be able to play an album without deleting every
>other track after selecting it. Are others able to rescan without
>causing duplicated tracks? If so, is there some sort of comprehensive
>uninstall for SlimServer that I should use to try to get this to work
>properly?

Do you happen to have .m3u files in your music directory?

-D
--
<iNoah> all your base class are belong to us

smr888
2005-12-09, 09:33
(.m3u files question)

Yes, there were a few .m3u files in the music directory tree. I deleted them all and rescanned; same problem.

Checking the progress during the scan, albums have only one set of track names at the start, but by the end the tracks are doubled as I've described. The web interface reports that I have 60,303 songs, even though there are 30,152 .mp3 files on the system. So it looks a lot like the scanner is simply scanning the whole drive twice for some reason.

davep
2005-12-09, 09:39
You don't have the Lazy Search plugin loaded do you? This was causing track doubling for me some time ago and so I stopped using it. Might have been fixed now, of course - I haven't been checking recently.

davep

smr888
2005-12-09, 09:54
(lazy search question)

Someone asked me this on the bug I filed also. The answer is, I really don't know, because I don't know what it is. I use the default SlimServer install, so the only plugins I should have are those that it installs by default. My setup is very generic.

tyler_durden
2005-12-09, 22:31
When you flac encoded the songs, did you forget to delete the .wav files? If so they will both show up...

TD

smr888
2005-12-10, 04:26
I am using .mp3, and yes the .wavs are gone. (I'd have used flac if it had been an option back in those days, and if I had enough disk space, lol.)

smr888
2005-12-10, 12:37
I feel fairly confident that the shortcut to the music directory that was IN the music directory (why was it there? Where did it come from?? I don't know . . .) was causing the double scan. Arrrgggghhhhhh.

Thanks for the thoughts.