PDA

View Full Version : RE: Lyrics display



Robert.Moser@med.va.gov
2003-12-05, 14:46
> > - option to scroll back and forth, bouncing the viewing
> window between
> > one end of the string and the other
> I think that's already in there, at least for top line, but I
> have yet to see it
> in action.
>
> -kdf

To see it working, activate the easter egg three times. Of course the
second easter egg animation is my favorite.

Kevin Deane-Freeman
2003-12-05, 22:05
Quoting Robert.Moser (AT) med (DOT) va.gov:

> > > - option to scroll back and forth, bouncing the viewing
> > window between
> > > one end of the string and the other
> > I think that's already in there, at least for top line, but I
> > have yet to see it
> > in action.
> >
> > -kdf
>
> To see it working, activate the easter egg three times. Of course the
> second easter egg animation is my favorite.
That's just the thing. i havent been able to trigger it, even tho I know the
exact motions to do it. I can't seem to reliably press the buttons without
getting an errant button.repeat that messes it up.

-kdf

Robert Moser II
2003-12-06, 12:32
Kevin Deane-Freeman blurted out:
> That's just the thing. i havent been able to trigger it, even tho I know the
> exact motions to do it. I can't seem to reliably press the buttons without
> getting an errant button.repeat that messes it up.
>
> -kdf

It seems to be much more difficult than it used to be. I would suggest
cheating. I was able to do it with the remote when I added a little
feedback to show me how far along in the sequence I was.

Other cheating options would be:
Triplefat
CLI to send buttons (not certain this would work, but worth a try)
Web to send buttons (also not certain)
Plugin with a button mapped to activate the egg.

Kevin Deane-Freeman
2003-12-06, 18:20
Quoting Robert Moser II <rlmoser (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>:

> Kevin Deane-Freeman blurted out:
> > That's just the thing. i havent been able to trigger it, even tho I know
> the
> > exact motions to do it. I can't seem to reliably press the buttons
> without
> > getting an errant button.repeat that messes it up.
> >
> > -kdf
>
> It seems to be much more difficult than it used to be. I would suggest
> cheating. I was able to do it with the remote when I added a little
> feedback to show me how far along in the sequence I was.

Oddly, its easier using squeezebox. I tried it out, nifty :)

however, the vfD_ codes display in teh second one, so it looks a bit odd until
you figure out what its doing.

-kdf

Robert Moser II
2003-12-07, 11:02
Kevin Deane-Freeman blurted out:
> however, the vfD_ codes display in teh second one, so it looks a bit odd until
> you figure out what its doing.

D'oh, that would be because I used the reverse function instead of the
(non-existant) Slim::Hardware::VFD::reverse. Oh well, it's just an
easter egg.

Kevin Deane-Freeman
2003-12-07, 11:52
Quoting Robert Moser II <rlmoser (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>:

> Kevin Deane-Freeman blurted out:
> > however, the vfD_ codes display in teh second one, so it looks a bit odd
> until
> > you figure out what its doing.
>
> D'oh, that would be because I used the reverse function instead of the
> (non-existant) Slim::Hardware::VFD::reverse. Oh well, it's just an
> easter egg.

but it does look cool :)