PDA

View Full Version : Updated skin for Handheld/PDA use

Dave
2005-12-03, 19:52
Hi all,

A while ago I posted a new skin called 'V' in this forum. I made this skin because I didn't like the Handheld-skin much for browsing my collection. The V skin features two frames (for playlist/status and browsing). Also it supports MusicMagic.

This night I updated the skin for use with the 6.2 server. Anyway, for all of you who are using a PDA like I do (or just want a light (fast) skin) I'll post the skin...

(just unzip into the ...Slimserver/Server/HTML/ folder)

Good Luck,
Dave

rme
2005-12-04, 15:10
nice skin, thanks!

I am having one issue with this and the default handheld skin.

I access using a Palm OS treo650 through their blazer web viewer.

I have a problem with the volume controls on your skin in that when I select a new volume (say changing from 6 to 7) for the first time, it will transmit and process the change properly. The web browser says "sending" and then "receiving"

However, when I select a previously selected volume level (say changing back to 6 or from 8 to 7 when previously selected above), the web browser does not transmit the change. It only says "redrawing".

It seems that in the palm browser it does not force a refresh ande resend of the volume level if it is had prevously been selected.

Is there a way to program your skin to more specifically force a refresh everytime something gets selected or touched on a screen, even if it was previously selected?

One other item, how can I get your skin to default to the home page instead of the browse artists page when I start it up?

Thanks again.

netim3
2005-12-04, 15:39
Hi, I'm having trouble unzipping the file - says "the compressed file is invalid or corrupted" - is it just me?

rme
2005-12-04, 16:50
I think you need to right click on the link and save target as to your hard drive, then you can open it.

netim3
2005-12-05, 11:10
Hmmm, still not working for me. Could it be a zip version problem? I'm either getting the error above or getting 'no files to extract' if I save it first & then try 'extract all'.

Can somebody email me the files?

mherger
2005-12-05, 13:01
> Hmmm, still not working for me. Could it be a zip version problem? I'm
> either getting the error above or getting 'no files to extract' if I
> save it first & then try 'extract all'.

There have been reports about Internet Explorer having problems with
downloads from this forum. Try to use Opera, FireFox or some other browser
(know links? wget? :-)).

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

netim3
2005-12-05, 14:25
Thanks, worked fine with Firefox.

Dave
2005-12-07, 11:22
nice skin, thanks!

I am having one issue with this and the default handheld skin.

I access using a Palm OS treo650 through their blazer web viewer.

I have a problem with the volume controls on your skin in that when I select a new volume (say changing from 6 to 7) for the first time, it will transmit and process the change properly. The web browser says "sending" and then "receiving"

However, when I select a previously selected volume level (say changing back to 6 or from 8 to 7 when previously selected above), the web browser does not transmit the change. It only says "redrawing".

It seems that in the palm browser it does not force a refresh ande resend of the volume level if it is had prevously been selected.

Is there a way to program your skin to more specifically force a refresh everytime something gets selected or touched on a screen, even if it was previously selected?

One other item, how can I get your skin to default to the home page instead of the browse artists page when I start it up?

Thanks again.

Seems like your browser likes catching a LOT. I'm not a HTML guru, but maybe adding a timestamp-argument (like the one that is added to the refresh url) to all commands involved could solve your problems. Please feel free to expriment with the code...

My skin defaults to browsing artists because that's how I'd like it to be. However it's pretty easy to tweak index.html to start up with the home-screen. Even better would be to introduce some kind of setting for this behaviour. But that's way beyond my programming skills :-(