PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver/SqueezeNetwork question

dannyg
2005-12-03, 00:48
I have an SB2 in my living room (connected via Ethernet cable) with the RCA jacks connected to my stereo. I have the SPDIF coax going to my computer in my office. This allows me to listen to the SB2 in both my living room and my office.

While in the living room, I use the remote to control the SB2. When I'm in my office, I use the SlimServer interface. This works great for the most part.

Now here is my problem:
==================
I connect to SqueezeNetwork while in the living room, then after a while I power off the SB2. Later on while in my office, I decide that I want to listen to the SB2 there, but I can't just go control it via the SlimServer interface. Instead, I have to go back into the living room, find the remote, turn on the SB2 and sign-off from SqueezeNetwork.

Is there any way around this? Is there no way to gain control of my SB2 while in my office if the SB2 is connected to SqueezeNetwork, or has been powered off afther having been connected to SqueezeNetwork?

sbjaerum
2005-12-03, 00:58
I have an SB2 in my living room (connected via Ethernet cable) with the RCA jacks connected to my stereo. I have the SPDIF coax going to my computer in my office. This allows me to listen to the SB2 in both my living room and my office.

While in the living room, I use the remote to control the SB2. When I'm in my office, I use the SlimServer interface. This works great for the most part.

Now here is my problem:
==================
I connect to SqueezeNetwork while in the living room, then after a while I power off the SB2. Later on while in my office, I decide that I want to listen to the SB2 there, but I can't just go control it via the SlimServer interface. Instead, I have to go back into the living room, find the remote, turn on the SB2 and sign-off from SqueezeNetwork.

Is there any way around this? Is there no way to gain control of my SB2 while in my office if the SB2 is connected to SqueezeNetwork, or has been powered off afther having been connected to SqueezeNetwork?

Do you feed the digital audio into your computer?
If so, why don't you just use Softsqueeze on the computer in your office?

Steinar

dannyg
2005-12-03, 02:28
Do you feed the digital audio into your computer?
If so, why don't you just use Softsqueeze on the computer in your office?

Steinar

Thats not really the point. Lets change the scenario to have the SB2 SPDIF output going to a nice stereo in my office, as opposed to a cheezy soundcard on my PC.