PDA

View Full Version : Slimeserver not starting up

annoyed customer 23
2005-12-01, 17:03
i have just updated my version of slimserver from a perfectly fine and functioning version 5.2.1 (i think) to the new 6.2.1, this new version is no longer starting up, the lil task icon appears in the taskbar saying the message starting slimserver.. (thats all neat and dandy just its all it does, i would have thought the new version would have some better features)i have tried numerous reinstalls, and im getting near my whits end,
this also happend on my desktop computer at home, i know that its nothing to do with performance wise, could someone please give me an answer to this Literal pain in the backside.

Cheerz'

DanWiggins
2005-12-02, 00:22
I'm having the exact same problem... SlimServer "hangs" in a "SlimServer Starting" mode, so I can't browse to it via port 9000 (port 9000 is open, I wrote a quick test PHP script to execute on Apache to test it).

This is on Windows XP Pro SP2.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

giulianoz
2005-12-02, 00:49
hi,
Try
"C:\program files\SlimServer\Server\Slim.exe -uninstall"

"C:\program files\SlimServer\Server\Slim.exe -install"

This will remove the service and then re-install it.

if this doesn't work try
"C:\program files\SlimServer\Server\slimserver.pl" and post error messages if any.

hth

giuliano

DanWiggins
2005-12-02, 08:33
Got it fixed... I ended up having to completely uninstall the software, download a new copy of the server, then re-install it. Now it works.

Thanks!

Dan

Coppernob
2005-12-03, 19:27
I have two different PCs and both have the same problem.

hi,
Try
"C:\program files\SlimServer\Server\Slim.exe -uninstall"

"C:\program files\SlimServer\Server\Slim.exe -install"

neither of these even ran. without the "-uninstall" switch a DOS box would open up and stall

if this doesn't work try
"C:\program files\SlimServer\Server\slimserver.pl" and post error messages if any.

Notepad opens up with a very very long script.

What part of it do you need?

DanWiggins
2005-12-04, 17:38
Try using the "Uninstall" link in the Program list in your start menu. Then do a fresh install of the software.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio