PDA

View Full Version : Natural sounds without squeezenetwork

max.spicer
2005-11-29, 14:40
Is there any way of getting the natural sounds without using SqueezeNetwork? I like the idea of falling asleep to them, but want to wake up to my own playlists. If I had the samples, could I just play them on repeat, or does SqueezeNetwork do more hackery to make them seamless?

Max

Dr. T
2005-11-29, 18:10
The best way to get and control natural sounds is to buy and rip some CDs. I have two "Sounds of Nature" albums ("Sounds of the Rain Forest" and "Ocean Waves") and a CD with music and natural sounds (The National Park Series "The Seashore"). You can edit the tracks, put them into playlists, and loop them for continual play or set your sleep timer for limited play.

max.spicer
2005-11-30, 06:18
I must say that the natural sounds supplied with squeezenetwork are often quite poor. Some of them are a 1-2 second sample that is looped constantly. I can't see how anyone could find this relaxing or compelling. One sample - the whinnying horse - isn't even a complete sample, so the loop sounds terrible. I do like the babbling brook, but there's a definite work in progress feel to many of the natural sounds.

Max

The best way to get and control natural sounds is to buy and rip some CDs. I have two "Sounds of Nature" albums ("Sounds of the Rain Forest" and "Ocean Waves") and a CD with music and natural sounds (The National Park Series "The Seashore"). You can edit the tracks, put them into playlists, and loop them for continual play or set your sleep timer for limited play.