PDA

View Full Version : Dim the display?

Bart
2005-11-26, 04:25
I still find the display too bright at night even on the dimmest setting. Given that there are 32 degrees of greyscale, is it possible to define an even lower level of display than the current dimmest?

tgoldstone
2005-11-27, 12:29
Try the autodisplay plugin. This plugin will allow you to turn on and off the display at set times.
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SlimServerPlugins

Bart
2005-11-27, 14:11
Try the autodisplay plugin.
Well, I can't find the autodisplay plugin from that link, but I have tried it before and it does not do what I need. I want to be able to keep the display turned on at night because it is useful to have an illuminated clock, but I would like to be able to dim it much more than I can at the moment.
What does $client->brightness do? Can it be tweaked to turn the display down?

Triode
2005-11-27, 14:26
I'm afraid I don't think you can reduce this. $client->brightness is the correct method call to change brightness, but the dimest value already corresponds to the lowest value it takes

[see @brightmap in the Slim/Player/Squeezebox2.pm - the value 0 is the lowest value, 65535 is off].

Hence any change would need to be in the firmware.

mikelis
2005-11-27, 19:18
I can't see it in the player settings menu for the autodisplay plugin.

Try the autodisplay plugin. This plugin will allow you to turn on and off the display at set times.
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SlimServerPlugins

seanadams
2005-11-27, 19:24
The display firmware can't go lower than the currently available choices but this is something I intend to look at.

Bart
2005-11-28, 04:48
The display firmware can't go lower than the currently available choices but this is something I intend to look at.
In that case the answer suggests itself - find a darker piece of plastic. For now I have taped a couple of thicknesses of metallised anti-static bag over the display, it has darkened it considerably but the remote still works.