PDA

View Full Version : Black SB3 turned up today - success story

Robster
2005-11-25, 17:00
I'm very glad to say that I received my wireless black today from advancedmp3players. Fantastic bit of kit and no kidding, I had it plugged in and was listening to music within 10 minutes! I previously had fears of spending hours fiddling and writing on this forum before I got it to work but hell no, it was a piece of cake.

I had already installed Slimserver 6.2.1 and filled it with plenty of tunes, plugged the power and phono leads in, switched on, went through the set up manual, SB3 instantly found my wireless router (Linksys WRT54GS)(60-70%signal strength), and that was that, music heaven.

So any beginners out there wavering, take the plunge it was easy for me. I do sympathise with any people out there who are having difficulties though.
p.s. It also sounds great, my hi-fi is already no slouch, Roksan Caspian CD, MF A5 amp, Sonus Faber speakers. AND bear in mind I'm only using MP3, 192-320 kps, no Flac for me(yet).

Quite bizarrely on a different note, I also got Mario Kart for the Nintendo DS today and I'll be damned if I can get that to connect that via the new wi-fi network! sods law i guess

R

rodymary
2005-11-28, 08:25
p.s. It also sounds great, my hi-fi is already no slouch, Roksan Caspian CD, MF A5 amp, Sonus Faber speakers. AND bear in mind I'm only using MP3, 192-320 kps, no Flac for me(yet).

interesting... can you tell us the main differences you could hear between your roksan & SB...
there's no doubt SB has a great DAC, but i never could compare it with a audiophile cd player
thanks