PDA

View Full Version : Crossfade Problems

gerden
2005-11-25, 16:01
Have set up my new Squeezebox, and everything seems to be fine.
Well there is one problem I have set it up to crossfade between tracks but it doesn't, can you help.

max.spicer
2005-11-26, 03:24
What format is your music? I think crossfading only works if you're using a format that is supported natively by the squeezebox (mp3, flac, pcm and wma).

Max

Have set up my new Squeezebox, and everything seems to be fine.
Well there is one problem I have set it up to crossfade between
tracks but it doesn't, can you help.

makingmark
2005-11-26, 09:44
I.e. uninstall plus delete the program folder, then reinstall.
I was also having this problem and it seems to be fixed now.

makingmark
2005-11-26, 11:48
I'm now running 6.2.2, last nights build...no crossfade.

It was working for me under 6.2.1. <sigh>.

Using WMAs.

Harry G
2005-12-10, 19:02
I'm now running 6.2.2, last nights build...no crossfade.

It was working for me under 6.2.1. <sigh>.

Using WMAs.

I've just started using 6.2.2 with three new Squeezeboxes, two wired, one wireless after using 1s and ancient firmware. I can only get occasional crossfading on any of them. Sometimes there are up to 10 second pauses between songs.

Any ideas?

Opened a bugzilla acount and tried to access 6.5b1 to weigh crossfading vs. bugs. Get forbidden message. Who do I have to know?...

dean
2005-12-10, 19:50
On Dec 10, 2005, at 6:02 PM, Harry G wrote:
> I've just started using 6.2.2 with three new Squeezeboxes, two wired,
> one wireless after using 1s and ancient firmware. I can only get
> occasional crossfading on any of them.
Are you syncing players? Crossfading is disabled when syncing.

> Sometimes there are up to 10
> second pauses between songs.
That definitely shouldn't happen. Can you describe your setup more?

> Opened a bugzilla acount and tried to access 6.5b1 to weigh
> crossfading
> vs. bugs. Get forbidden message. Who do I have to know?...
Nobody. What exactly are you doing when you see the error?

Harry G
2005-12-11, 19:14
Didn't expect an official response. Especially on a weekend. Don't you people ever go home? Smile

I was syncing players. Too bad fades don't work in that mode. The real value in crossfading for me, possibly for others too, is for background when people are visiting and moving from room to room. If it will always be disabled in syncing it would be good to say so in the manual.

Long pauses happen maybe one song out of forty when I'm using the two wired units.

I'm running 6.2.2 on a Windows XP machine. Service pack 1A, Gig 'n a half of ram, Symantic Corp. and Zone Alarm Pro set to accept Slim as a server. Library of 2400 CDs on three drives, nearly all Flac, a few MP3s. Linksys GS router.

I was able to download 6.5 today. I had a friend in another loation try yesterday. He couldn't download it either. Will try it out. I guess it won't do crossfades in multiple zones either though.

Michaelwagner
2005-12-11, 22:40
Especially on a weekend. Don't you people ever go home?
I got a response Sunday morning at 7AM California time

Michaelwagner
2005-12-11, 22:45
Crossfading is disabled when syncing.
Hmm...I can imagine there is no way to crossfade a synched set if there are a mixture of SBs out there, some that can xfade, some that can't.

But if all syched slims are 2s and 3s and can xfade, couldn't you leave it on?

eschurr
2005-12-16, 14:52
i'm only running one Squeezebox 3 with SS 6.2.1and cross fade doesn't work for me.

CavesOfTQLT
2005-12-16, 15:15
This Q reminds me of when I tried out the crossfade function by selecting it from the Squeezebox menu. It never worked. Then one day I noticed in the WebUI that

'Crossfade duration

Enter the amount of time to take to crossfade between songs, in seconds. The maximum is 10 seconds.'

was set at 0.

I never actually got round to setting a value of say 5 and trying it out [doh], so check this out and see if it works. If it does then surely the default should be set at something other than 0...

Michaelwagner
2005-12-16, 19:19
I set the cross-fade duration from the web UI and it worked.

I had no idea there was another place to turn it on.

So if there are 2 places, maybe one works differently from the other.