PDA

View Full Version : Natural sounds???

thespaugh
2005-11-25, 09:59
I can't connect to any of the natural sound streams. They were working perfectly over the last month (I listen to them all night while sleeping) but for the last couple days I get the following message when trying to connect to them "problem: can't open stream for...".

Anyone else having this problem???

baz
2005-11-25, 10:03
I have the same problem. I noticed the problem yesterday (it worked the day before that).

Regards,
Baz

Cleve
2005-11-25, 17:25
I *just* traded in my Squeezebox 1 for Squeezebox 3 tonight. Squeezebox 3 is up and running. I was excited to see these ambient streams on the Squeezenetwork, but evidently they *just* stopped working yesterday?? :( I cannot connect to them either.

Any ETA on repairing them?

vwguy
2005-11-26, 18:47
I have the same issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Cleve
2005-11-28, 05:46
Natural Sounds began working again last night. Some of them sound very good when using digital out and decoded into "ProLogic Surround" What a GREAT added feature!

I fell asleep on the couch listening to "Ocean Surf" last night - so they get a big thumbs up from me. :)

max.spicer
2005-11-28, 06:04
How do natural sounds work? Are they a small sample that is downloaded once then looped by the squeezebox, or is the loop done at the squeezenetwork end? I have a capped broadband connection and am wondering what damage I'd do to my quota by leaving natural sounds running all night.

Max

radish
2005-11-28, 08:17
My memory from an earlier post is that they are downloaded and looped in the player. That's why only SB2+ support them - they have the bigger buffer to hold them.