PDA

View Full Version : "Search Music" crashes slimserver (rev 2141)



Lars Kellogg-Stedman
2005-02-19, 16:45
When trying to use the "Search Music" feature from the web interface,
slimserver logs the following error and dies:

Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -101 at
/home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/Pages.pm line 1611.

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars (AT) oddbit (DOT) com>

Dan Sully
2005-02-19, 17:05
* Lars Kellogg-Stedman shaped the electrons to say...

>When trying to use the "Search Music" feature from the web interface,
>slimserver logs the following error and dies:
>
> Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -101 at
> /home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/Pages.pm line 1611.

Can you reproduce this? Running with --d_sql would help.

Thanks.

-D
--
<weezyl> $6.66: The Value Meal of the Beast.

Lars Kellogg-Stedman
2005-03-02, 16:40
> Can you reproduce this? Running with --d_sql would help.

Dan,

Sorry for not replying earlier; I've been out of town. I'm still seeing
this crash with revision 2290; with d_sql turned on, the behavior looks
pretty much the same -- attempting a search from the web interface
immediately crashes slimserver with the error:

Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript
-101 at /home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/Pages.pm line 1608.

It doesn't look like --d_sql is causing any additional logging for this
error.

-- Lars

Dan Sully
2005-03-02, 16:42
* Lars Kellogg-Stedman shaped the electrons to say...

>Sorry for not replying earlier; I've been out of town. I'm still seeing
>this crash with revision 2290; with d_sql turned on, the behavior looks
>pretty much the same -- attempting a search from the web interface
>immediately crashes slimserver with the error:
>
> Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript
> -101 at /home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/Pages.pm line 1608.
>
>It doesn't look like --d_sql is causing any additional logging for this error.

Ok - could you run under the perl debugger? perl -d slimserver.pl, so I can get a backtrace?

Thanks.

-D
--
It's the wrong trousers Gromit, and they've gone wrong!

Lars Kellogg-Stedman
2005-03-02, 18:21
> Ok - could you run under the perl debugger? perl -d slimserver.pl, so I can
> get a backtrace?

The backtrace is attached. Let me know if this is insufficient -- I'm
not entirely familiar with the perl debugger.

-- Lars


Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -101 at /oddbit/home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/Pages.pm line 1608.
at /oddbit/home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/Pages.pm line 1608
Slim::Web::Pages::_fillInSearchResults('HASH(0xbca 19a8)', 'undef', 'true', 'ARRAY(0xbaffe0c)', 'Slim::DataStores::DBI::DBIStore=HASH(0xacbea04)') called at /oddbit/home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/Pages.pm line 1546
Slim::Web::Pages::search('Slim::Player::Squeezebox =ARRAY(0xb0371f8)', 'HASH(0xbca19a8)', 'CODE(0xa6bfd74)', 'HTTP::Daemon::ClientConn=GLOB(0xbafdce8)', 'HTTP::Response=HASH(0xbb00bd4)') called at /oddbit/home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 754
Slim::Web::HTTP::generateHTTPResponse('Slim::Playe r::Squeezebox=ARRAY(0xb0371f8)', 'HTTP::Daemon::ClientConn=GLOB(0xbafdce8)', 'HTTP::Response=HASH(0xbb00bd4)', 'HASH(0xbca19a8)') called at /oddbit/home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 671
Slim::Web::HTTP::processURL('HTTP::Daemon::ClientC onn=GLOB(0xbafdce8)', 'HTTP::Response=HASH(0xbb00bd4)', 'HASH(0xbca19a8)') called at /oddbit/home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 535
Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP('HTTP::Daemon::Client Conn=GLOB(0xbafdce8)') called at /oddbit/home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Networking/Select.pm line 116
Slim::Networking::Select::select(0.049021005630493 2) called at /oddbit/home/slimserver/slim/server/slimserver.pl line 569
main::idle() called at /oddbit/home/slimserver/slim/server/slimserver.pl line 512
main::main() called at /oddbit/home/slimserver/slim/server/slimserver.pl line 1052
Debugged program terminated. Use q to quit or R to restart,
use O inhibit_exit to avoid stopping after program termination,
h q, h R or h O to get additional info.
DB<1>

Dan Sully
2005-03-03, 01:26
* Lars Kellogg-Stedman shaped the electrons to say...

>> Ok - could you run under the perl debugger? perl -d slimserver.pl, so I can
>> get a backtrace?
>
>The backtrace is attached. Let me know if this is insufficient -- I'm
>not entirely familiar with the perl debugger.

Thanks Lars - kdf just checked in a fix for this.

-D
--
Ya gotta love UNIX, where else do you wonder whether
you can kill a zombie spawned by a daemon's fork?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman
2005-03-06, 21:23
> > Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript
> > -101 at /home/slimserver/slim/server//Slim/Web/Pages.pm line 1608.
>
> Ok - could you run under the perl debugger? perl -d slimserver.pl, so I can
> get a backtrace?

Dan,

Just an update; with the current revision (2348), this problem seems to
have been resolved.

-- Lars