PDA

View Full Version : Volume control

Gorpy
2005-11-20, 23:01
I have Slimserver 6.2 and I have Roku Soundbridge M500.

When I use the web interface with Slimserver, I can see volume adjustment controls 1 to 11, but when I select them my volume does not change.

Do I have something set up wrong?

I can start, stop, pause skip, etc., but I can't change the volume.

Jim
2005-11-20, 23:04
Best place for Roku support is:

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/

Seems like a strange problem but then I don't keep up with Roku news so don't know if there hardware has fallen even further behind the software "we" produce here for our SlimMP3's and Squeezeboxes to such a state that even the volume isn't working, which maybe isn't such a bad thing after I heard about the cost cutting measures they made with their latest sound chips.

If you do get it working be advised it will only go to 10. Only products the software was designed for reach that little bit higher to 11 :D

bpa
2005-11-21, 04:10
Although best place is Roku forums - Roku seem to have abandoned any support for Slimserver emulation.

Volume control definitely does works on analog on M1000. Are you using a digital connection to audio system ? If so is "Digital output fixed" by the setting of the Digital Volume control on the Player / Audio web page ?

Gorpy
2005-11-21, 08:36
We have tried both analog and digital, and we have tried both fixed and changeable.

Do we need to adjust the volume on the Roku itself before we adjust it through the web interface?

bpa
2005-11-21, 10:24
Please try the following:

1. Turn on Roku
2. Select you Slimserver server and use remote vol control to set vol to 0. Connect a set of powered speakers into analog.
3. Use webpage to set vol to 1.
4. Tap remote volume up once - it will show vol as a bar graph - what does it look like ? Mine said 3%
5. Try 5 and 10 - you should see 43 and 93% respectively.

Do you get these results ? This doesn't test hardware as the screen display is controlled by Slimserver but Slimserver displays what Roku tells Slimserver the vol is so it tests Roku emulation.

radish
2005-11-21, 10:30
Although best place is Roku forums - Roku seem to have abandoned any support for Slimserver emulation.
That alone should tell you something about Roku.

Jim
2005-11-21, 12:55
That alone should tell you something about Roku.

You have to see one of the questions in their support forum right now. "my wife no smart need man help her with questions of roku"

hahaha

Jim
2005-11-21, 13:05
Please try the following:

1. Turn on Roku
2. Select you Slimserver server and use remote vol control to set vol to 0. Connect a set of powered speakers into analog.
3. Use webpage to set vol to 1.
4. Tap remote volume up once - it will show vol as a bar graph - what does it look like ? Mine said 3%
5. Try 5 and 10 - you should see 43 and 93% respectively.

Do you get these results ? This doesn't test hardware as the screen display is controlled by Slimserver but Slimserver displays what Roku tells Slimserver the vol is so it tests Roku emulation.

Do you have to unplug, open it and take out the network card to do that? Or is that for other things?

radish
2005-11-21, 13:37
Don't forget to roll up your sleeves, stand on one leg, stick your right finger in your left ear and whistle "Rule Britannia".