PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Get Other Internet Radio Stations?



nickrout
2005-11-20, 14:28
There doesn't seem to be a way to customise what internet radio stations are offered through slimserver.

Or am i stuck with radioio, slim devices picks, shoutcast and live365?
--
Nick Rout <nick (AT) rout (DOT) co.nz>

mherger
2005-11-20, 14:32
> There doesn't seem to be a way to customise what internet radio stations
> are offered through slimserver.

There's the "Tune in" section in the web interface. Paste the url of your
radio station and it should play if it's mp3, flac or wma.

> Or am i stuck with radioio, slim devices picks, shoutcast and live365?

No, you're not. If you want even more choice, install AlienBBC.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

Mark Lanctot
2005-11-20, 14:41
To access frequently-visited URLs, save a list of
them as an .m3u or .pls file. Save the file in
your music directory, then play them back by
selecting the playlist file.

You can make a playlist in Winamp or foobar. You
can even cut and paste the URLs into a Notepad
file and select files of type "All files" rather
than "Text files" and give it an .m3u or .pls
extension.

Michael Herger wrote:
>> There doesn't seem to be a way to customise what
internet radio
>> stations are offered through slimserver.
>
>
> There's the "Tune in" section in the web interface.
Paste the url of
> your radio station and it should play if it's mp3,
flac or wma.
>
>> Or am i stuck with radioio, slim devices picks,
shoutcast and live365?
>
>
> No, you're not. If you want even more choice,
install AlienBBC.
>

--
___________________________________


Mark Lanctot
___________________________________

Mark Lanctot
2005-11-20, 14:43
Also I should mention SqueezeNetwork handles this
even better. You just add it in to your
favourites through the web interface and you can
give it a custom name.

Michael Herger wrote:
>> There doesn't seem to be a way to customise what
internet radio
>> stations are offered through slimserver.
>
>
> There's the "Tune in" section in the web interface.
Paste the url of
> your radio station and it should play if it's mp3,
flac or wma.
>
>> Or am i stuck with radioio, slim devices picks,
shoutcast and live365?
>
>
> No, you're not. If you want even more choice,
install AlienBBC.
>

--
___________________________________


Mark Lanctot
___________________________________