PDA

View Full Version : Getting Smartserver to see my iTunes playlists

gellio
2005-11-15, 17:32
I have to believe this has been asked before but I can't find an answer anywhere. I just installed my SlimServer and imported all my music (except the stuff that I bought from Apple in iTunes 6, but that's a whole different problem). Everything is working great but I can't see a single of my playlists (smart or otherwise) from iTunes. I have hte iTunes configuration, it seems to have found my library file and it seems to have picked up my music directory, just no play lists. Today I downloaded and installed the newest version of Slimserver, 6.2.1 but it didn't fix the problem.

The only thing that I can think of that is weird about my install is that iTunes itself is installed on my C drive and the music files are in a different directory on the C drive. For some reason my library files are in my My Music folder on my D drive though. Not sure why that would be a problem. Slimserver seemed to detect it all correctly and insert the right paths into the server configuration. However, I'm also not sure where iTunes stores the playlist information itself, I don't have a playlists folder or xml file, I'm assuming its in the library file itself.

Any ideas? Other than the DRM issue with iTunes 6, this is my only issue with my new acquisition.

Thanks,

jhurley
2005-11-15, 18:26
Have you set....

Server Settings | iTunes | iTunes Playlist Format

I tried leaving this blank the other day and it ignored all of my itunes playlists. I put something back in the prefix and all was well again.

SlimServer Version: 6.5b1 - 5073 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
iTunes 6.0.1.3

BTW, I wouldn't go near anymore iTunes music, or any other of that ilk until somebody with a modicum of common sense addresses the multi-device DRM issues and applies a pricing strategy that reflects real costs and not music distributors greed.

GBP 7.99 for a real CD in my local bricks and mortar supermarket that has been burned, packaged, distributed, delivered and sold by actual people or GBP 7.90 via iTunes with little or no actual packaging or distribution costs. Hmmmm.

gellio
2005-11-16, 02:31
Thanks for the info. I have iTunes: in the prefix field of the Playlist Format and nothing in the suffix field. I've tried with both populated and it doesn't hep.

I notice that I'm running a different version of slimserver, you're on a Beta and I'm on the latest release version (6.2.1). Does anyone know if this is a known bug in 6.2.1 that has since been fixed?

As to buying music from Apple, you're absolutely correct. I usually use it to buy individual songs, not whole albums as the album price isn't worth it at all. Now with the new DRM in v6 there is no way I'm buying a thing. Man was I pissed off when I loaded up my slimserver and figured that one out.

Craig, James (IT)
2005-11-16, 02:46
> I have the iTunes configuration, it seems to have found my library
file and it
> seems to have picked up my music directory, just no play lists.

So the 'use itunes' option is visible and enabled in the SlimServer
settings page?

I was going to say 6.2.1 is working fine for me,
but I haven't actually checked for the existence of my playlists since
the last upgrade.

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

biomech
2005-12-22, 15:36
I am having the same problem. I just installed "SlimServer Version: 6.2.1 - 5194 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252" and it found my iTunes XML file but it does not list any of my playlists. I am running iTunes version 6.0.0.18.

In my case, the MP3s are in C:\MP3\ but the XML file is located in the default C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\

Does anyone have this working? Santa is bringing my Squeezebox in a couple days and I'm going to need my playlists. I have spent the last two years building a lot of smart playlists and I'd be lost without them.

dancarne
2005-12-23, 06:17
I had this issue to. Playlists were there, then they weren't. I fixed it, but I'm not sure what did it. I suggest having SS set up so it detects iTunes location automatically. In the end, I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled and it worked. Ensure that you export your library first so you retain your playlists.

Dan
Ballwin, MO

biomech
2005-12-25, 06:52
I have spent the last 24 hours trying to get Slimserver to see the many play lists that I have created in iTunes and I’m not having any luck. I have reinstalled Slimserver several times, moved my iTunes library, reimported my library into iTunes but nothing seems to work.

This is maddening. Can anyone help? I see several messages referencing this same problem but I don't see a solution.

My current configuration is:

iTunes
1) Version 6.0.0.18
2) Library location
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music Library.xml
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl
3) MP3 location
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\
4) Keep iTunes Folder Organized - YES
5) Copy files to iTunes Music Folder - YES

Slimserver
1) Version ”6.2.1 - 5194 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252”
2) Music Folder - blank (none specified)
3) Playlist folder - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Music\iTunes
4) iTunes setting - USE iTunes
5) Find iTunes Library Automatically
6) iTunes Library Location:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music Library.xml
7) iTunes Music Folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music
8) iTunes Playlist format - Prefix "iTunes:"

Heuer
2005-12-25, 07:59
Same here - not able to see my playlists no matter what I try, and my settings are similar to yours!

coyotl
2005-12-26, 13:07
I have the same problem. My iTunes music library is in the normal place, i.e., ~Music/iTunes/...

I'm using SlimServer 6.2.2. (I had the same problem with SlimServer 6.2.1)

Help?

allanimal
2005-12-26, 13:44
On 26 Dec 2005, at 21:07 , coyotl wrote:

>
> I have the same problem. My iTunes music library is in the normal
> place, i.e., ~Music/iTunes/...
>
> I'm using SlimServer 6.2.2. (I had the same problem with SlimServer
> 6.2.1)
>
> Help?

That should be:

~/Music/iTunes/...

~Music means something completely different.

dean
2005-12-26, 14:26
On Dec 26, 2005, at 12:07 PM, coyotl wrote:
>
> 6.2.1)

Do you have iTunes turned on under the main Server Settings page?
You shouldn't need to change anything else (i.e. any settings under
the iTunes tab).

coyotl
2005-12-26, 15:02
Yup, I have it turned on.

biomech
2005-12-26, 16:30
Yes, I have that set on mine. I hate to admit it but after two days of trying, I'm giving up. I found a utility to export iTunes' playlists to m3u playlists so, I did that and moved the m3u playlists into the playlist directory.

4) iTunes setting - USE iTunes

Heuer
2005-12-27, 04:38
Seems to have happened since I moved the iTunes music folder to a different HD - the server cannot find the playlists.

What was the utility you found (any links?) as I have gotten really bored with trying to get it to work properly!

Thanks

David

biomech
2005-12-27, 06:10
I am using idletunes for windows. It was easy to install and use. warning: it may take a while for the program to start if you have a large library. Once it starts, it is very responsive. My wish list - I wish you could multi~select playlists or, better yet, convert all playlists at once.

http://www.idletunes.com/

What was the utility you found (any links?) as I have gotten really bored with trying to get it to work properly!

coyotl
2005-12-27, 08:23
Seems to have happened since I moved the iTunes music folder to a different HD - the server cannot find the playlists.

In my case, the iTunes music folder is in its default location.

Slim states that we should file bugs (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=17481) if we want to see things fixed. So I filed one (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2754). And it was immediately marked as 'INVALID', stating that if they decide it's a bug, THEY'LL file a bug report.

I wish Dan would talk to Dean.

coyote

biomech
2005-12-27, 08:46
I believe that this issue is most certainly a bug. All of the correct information for the playlists is stored in iTunes XML file. It seems like a number of people are experiencing this issue and I believe it should be addressed. Having to manually build M3u versions of my smart playlists is not the way to go.

Robin Bowes
2005-12-27, 09:21
coyotl said the following on 27/12/2005 15:23:
> Heuer Wrote:
>
>>Seems to have happened since I moved the iTunes music folder to a
>>different HD - the server cannot find the playlists.
>
>
> In my case, the iTunes music folder is in its default location.
>
> Slim states that we should 'file bugs'
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=17481) if we want to
> see things fixed. So I 'filed one'
> (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2754). And it was
> immediately marked as 'INVALID', stating that if they decide it's a
> bug, THEY'LL file a bug report.

That's not really a fair summary of the situation.

Your bug report says:

"I am using SlimServer with a Mac that has a number of playlists. Some
of these playlists are in folders, others are not. Sadly, SlimServer
doesn't see ANY of the playlists, either from the web interface or the
squeezebox. This is very frustrating."

This doesn't identify a bug, it simply describes a problem you're
having. There *may* be a bug, but it is not identified in your report.

Dean's reponse reflects this:

"Let's figure this out in your forum thread, or contact
support (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com. If we find a specific bug, we'll create a new one."

He's offering to get to the bottom of the problem you're having and if
any specific bug is identified then a bug report will be filed. Note
that the language is inclusive: "if *we* find a specific bug, *we'll*
create a new one". "We" means "you" as well.

R.

Heuer
2005-12-27, 11:56
There seems to already be an open bug report oin this issue:

Bug 2687: iTunes playlists do not show up

coyotl
2005-12-27, 12:48
That's not really a fair summary of the situation.

Your bug report says:

"I am using SlimServer with a Mac that has a number of playlists. Some
of these playlists are in folders, others are not. Sadly, SlimServer
doesn't see ANY of the playlists, either from the web interface or the
squeezebox. This is very frustrating."

This doesn't identify a bug, it simply describes a problem you're
having. There *may* be a bug, but it is not identified in your report.

Dean's reponse reflects this:

"Let's figure this out in your forum thread, or contact
support (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com. If we find a specific bug, we'll create a new one."

He's offering to get to the bottom of the problem you're having and if
any specific bug is identified then a bug report will be filed. Note
that the language is inclusive: "if *we* find a specific bug, *we'll*
create a new one". "We" means "you" as well.

R.

I can't see my playlists from SlimServer. Clearly, many other people cannot see them either in their installations. The only way that this isn't a bug is if SlimServer doesn't support iTunes playlists.

Incidentally, I am a software developer. Whether that's a positive thing or not is another discussion, but I do know how to file a bug report, and I'm familiar with Bugzilla (though I prefer Jira (http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/)).

coyote

coyotl
2005-12-27, 12:55
There seems to already be an open bug report oin this issue:

Bug 2687: iTunes playlists do not show up

I saw that bug, but there were several important differences from my installation. First, he's using Windows, and I'm on Mac/Unix. Secondly, he has installed his music library on a different volume, whereas mine is in the default location.

I guess in hindsight I should have simply commented on that bug (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2687). I'll do so.

coyote

Dan Sully
2005-12-27, 13:37
* coyotl shaped the electrons to say...

>I saw that bug, but there were several important differences from my
>installation. First, he's using Windows, and I'm on Mac/Unix.
>Secondly, he has installed his music library on a different volume,
>whereas mine is in the default location.

Please contact me off list - dan | at | slimdevices.com so I can work with
you on figuring this out. Thanks.

-D
--
<iNoah> I think someone should create a magazine for computer peripherals, called Card & Driver

biomech
2005-12-28, 13:52
OK, here's a strange one... my playlists have appeared. What did I do? I shut off the slimserver service in Windows and I ran slim.exe from the command line. When I did, I could see a lot of hard drive activity for 15+ minutes so I figure it was scanning my library. When it was done, my playlists showed up.

I did all of this as a part of the iTunes Updater plugin install. Hopefully this info along with the details I provided earlier will help the programmers figure this bug out.

I have since ended slim.exe and gone back to the services version. We'll see if the playlists stay there after the next time I scan.

ARL67
2006-01-16, 15:29
I can't get my iTunes playlists either.
I have a new PC with fresh install of iTunes and SS 6.2.1
My iTunes Playlist is in the default setting of C:\DOCU..\MY MUSIC\ITUNES
My music is on another drive on E:\ITUNES

I can get all my music via SS but none of my iTunes Playlists come across.

Was there ever a resolution to this ???

thanks - Andy

Dan Sully
2006-01-16, 15:33
* ARL67 shaped the electrons to say...

>I can't get my iTunes playlists either.
>I have a new PC with fresh install of iTunes and SS 6.2.1
>My iTunes Playlist is in the default setting of C:\DOCU..\MY
>MUSIC\ITUNES
>My music is on another drive on E:\ITUNES
>
>I can get all my music via SS but none of my iTunes Playlists come
>across.
>
>Was there ever a resolution to this ???

Andy - please try the 6.2.2 nightlies:

http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_nightly.html

Thanks.

-D
--
I'm really looking forward to this hangover.

ARL67
2006-01-16, 16:12
Taking the advice of a previous poster, here is how it fixed itself:

Stop SS service via the system tray
Open a command prompt, navigate to the SS folder, and run SLIM.EXE
My hard drive churned away for many minutes.
Once the hard drive access stopped, I opened up Internet Explorer to config my device and all is now well with finding my iTunes Playlist.
On a reboot, all is still well with finding my new iTunes Playlists.

- Andy

jdryyz
2006-01-20, 13:12
On 26 Dec 2005, at 21:07 , coyotl wrote:

>
>
> 6.2.1)
>
> Help?

That should be:

~/Music/iTunes/...

~Music means something completely different.

6.2.2? I only see 6.2.1 listed on the download link. (disgregard, I see the nightlies post now)

Although this thread is regarding playlists, I had a similar problem recently with my whole music library not being found. Not certain of this, but it seemed to follow an error message I received when I launched iTunes (Mac OS 10.4 by the way). iTunes complained about there being a switch in iPods (when no such swap occurred) and said it had to re-import my library. I agreed since I had no choice. When I powered on my SlimDevice v2, it failed to see any music. I checked the SlimServer and sure enough, 0 songs from 0 artists were listed. After some careful analysis, I determined that the "automatic" setting to locate my library (on a separate hard drive volume) was not working. I had to switch to manual and then figure out the correct syntax for the path. With the help of spotlight, I was able plug in the correct path. After a reboot, I saw that the server was scanning my music library again.

So, did the automatic setting break at some point? Is it corrected with v6.2.2 by any chance?

Incidentally, I was using v6.2 of the software when I noticed my problem and upgraded to 6.2.1. That did not help. Only the manual path change made my library visible again.

dblatner
2006-01-29, 20:05
I finally discovered why my Mac OS itunes playlists weren't showing up in the server: There was an empty folder titled "Playlists" in the iTunes folder. As soon as I deleted that folder, the server found the playlists. Magic.

--dblatner

Dan Sully
2006-01-29, 22:10
* dblatner shaped the electrons to say...

>I finally discovered why my Mac OS itunes playlists weren't showing up
>in the server: There was an empty folder titled "Playlists" in the
>iTunes folder. As soon as I deleted that folder, the server found the
>playlists. Magic.

Under /Users/<you>/Music/iTunes/Playlists ?

-D
--
There is no emergency. Nothing to see here. Move along.

pankaj
2006-01-30, 01:15
I'm having the same problem with iTunes and Slimserver, except that SOME of my iTunes playlists are seen by SlimServer/SB3, and some are not! All Albums are seen, though.

Any ideas what I could do to fix it? My iTunes library files (the XML stuff etc) are in C:\My Documents\My Music\iTunes, while the music is all actually stored in C:\Music. While I suspect this is where the problem is, it doesn't clearly explain why SOME playlists are seen, and others are not.

Pankaj

Heuer
2006-01-30, 10:16
Just ran slim.exe from the CMD line and lo - Playlists have appeared! Let it run for about 5 minutes and then re-started slimserver from slimtray.

jrwaters
2006-02-11, 17:36
I was having a similar problem with latest production Slimserver so I upgraded to the stable beta (6.2.2 - 6200 for Windows XP)with no positive effect.

Setting prefixes and postfixes didn't seem to help.

My exact problem was that playlists would show up but with nothing in them. I'm using a NAS and I could see my songs because slimserver was pointed to \\MYNAS\Public\Our Music.

I think slimserver was able to parse my iTunes XML file. But, that XML file had my playlists and songs . . with references made to my NAS drive by letter (X:). So, Slimserver couldn't find the entries in the playlist.

What I did:

I exited iTunes and renamed my iTunes directory to be old_iTunes to save old files. I restarted iTunes and had it rescan my files. But, instead of using a drive letter, I had iTunes point to "\\MYNAS\Public\Our Music" so that all of the references in the iTunes XML file would be to \\MYNAS instead of X:. I could have justed used an editor to change all occurences in the XML file but I didn't want to have to deal with UNIX versus Windows EOL junk as I didn't have a decent editor handy.

Anyway, my playlists are fine now.

-Jack

DennisMurphy
2006-02-11, 20:37
Thanks to Heuer and others. I'd had ITunes problems and ran slim.exe from the command line and I now see my playlists.

I'm glad these forums are here as I was getting a bit frustrated.

ducati08
2006-07-10, 06:46
My iTunes playlists seem to come and go. For the recent past, they have only been gone. I've spent tons of time working on it to no avail. I just installed the latest SlimServer Version: 6.3.0 - 8148 - Windows 2000 - EN - cp1252 hoping that would fix it. I told it to rescan playlists only. I told it to rescan the entire library. My server settings and iTunes settings are all correct. THen I come across this thread and try the slim.exe approach and IT WORKS.

It would seem that the developers would look into what this issue is and really fix it.
Don

swank
2006-07-13, 13:04
Can someone tell me how to do the CMD thing? I'm not real slick on the DOS.....

jackvart
2006-10-29, 16:09
Can someone tell me how to do the CMD thing? I'm not real slick on the DOS.....

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM:Can someone tell me how to do the CMD thing?

jhurley
2006-10-30, 03:27
I have to run slim.exe from a command line as I am using the iTunesUpdate plugin and this does not work well (or at all) when running slim as a service under Windows if you want real-time updating of your play count/last played, etc.

The problem with running from a command line as a permanent solution is that the DOS window remains visible.

To do it is quite simple. You open a command prompt (under XP/2000 this is in the Start Menu under Accessories) and then..

- change directory to your slim install directory (you type "CD C:\Program Files\SlimServer\Server" or the equivalent for your setup)
- start the program (you type "SLIM")

To avoid having an open window I use a utility called CMDOW (see http://www.commandline.co.uk/cmdow/). It's a useful tool that allows you to run a command line in a 'hidden' window - BUT most AV systems keep flagging it as a Hack tool and wanting to delete it!

I have the following CMDOW setup.

A small batch file in my windows directory containing the following:

cmdow /run /hid "c:\program files\slimserver\server\slim.exe"
exit

You can create this in notepad. Mine's called startslim.bat. I have a shortcut to it in my Startup prgram group that ensures Slim starts when Windows starts.

To make it work you need to put the cmdow.exe application somewhere windows will look (in it's patch) such as C:\Windows.

Seems a bit Heath Robinson now I've written it down, but it works for me and I get no problems with:

- lack of iTunes playlists
- inadvertent closing of the Slim application
- my lovely iTunesUpdate utility

Craig, James (IT)
2006-10-30, 03:33
> To do it is quite simple.
> ...
> Seems a bit Heath Robinson now I've written it down

Or you could just use SS 6.5.1 and set startup type to 'start
automatically on login'.... It's a lot simpler!

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

jackvart
2006-10-30, 19:29
I got the following after I run slim.exe?

C:\Arquivos de programas\SlimServer\server>slim
2006-10-30 23:22:51.4062 ERROR: DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('hostname=127
.0.0.1;port=9092;database=slimserver','slimserver' ,...) failed: Can't connect to
MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) at C:\Arquivos de programas\SlimServer\serv
er\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 652

2006-10-30 23:22:51.4062 ERROR: Backtrace follows:

2006-10-30 23:22:51.4064 Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (C:\Arquivos de programas\Sli
mServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 658)
frame 1: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_connect (C:\Arquivos de programas\SlimSe
rver\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 616)
frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_populate_dbh (C:\Arquivos de programas\S
limServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 543)
frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ensure_connected (C:\Arquivos de programa
s\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 557)
frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::dbh (/PerlApp/Slim/Schema.pm line 118)
frame 5: Slim::Schema::init (/PerlApp/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 71)
frame 6: Slim::Music::Info::init (slimserver.pl line 366)
frame 7: main::init (slimserver.pl line 443)
frame 8: main::main (slimserver.pl line 58)
frame 9: PerlSvc::Interactive (perlsvc.pl line 1486)
frame 10: PerlSvc::_interactive (slimserver.pl line 0)
frame 11: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

2006-10-30 23:22:51.4068 Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Connection failed: DBI conn
ect('hostname=127.0.0.1;port=9092;database=slimser ver','slimserver',...) failed:
Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) at C:\Arquivos de programa
s\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 652
2006-10-30 23:22:51.4076 ERROR: forceCommit: Trying to commit transactions befor
e DB is initialized!

2006-10-30 23:22:52.4843 ERROR: DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('hostname=127
.0.0.1;port=9092;database=slimserver','slimserver' ,...) failed: Can't connect to
MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) at C:\Arquivos de programas\SlimServer\serv
er\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 652

2006-10-30 23:22:52.5040 ERROR: Backtrace follows:

2006-10-30 23:22:52.5043 Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (C:\Arquivos de programas\Sli
mServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 658)
frame 1: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_connect (C:\Arquivos de programas\SlimSe
rver\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 616)
frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_populate_dbh (C:\Arquivos de programas\S
limServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 543)
frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ensure_connected (C:\Arquivos de programa
s\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 557)
frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::dbh (/PerlApp/Slim/Schema.pm line 247)
frame 5: (eval) (/PerlApp/Slim/Schema.pm line 247)
frame 6: Slim::Schema::disconnect (slimserver.pl line 1037)
frame 7: main::cleanup (/PerlApp/Slim/bootstrap.pm line 300)
frame 8: Slim::bootstrap::sigint (/PerlApp/Slim/bootstrap.pm line 331)
frame 9: Slim::bootstrap::END (slimserver.pl line 0)
frame 10: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

C:\Arquivos de programas\SlimServer\server>

rock
2006-11-17, 08:38
I had the same problem, iTunes playlists disappeared one day. Like many in this thred I had my music stored on a different physical drive than where Slim Server lives. None of the suggestions above worked, but here is what I did to fix it.

I was about to punt and convert my iTunes playlists to .m3u playlists. This is when I discovered that there was a different version of the iTunes Music Library.xml file lurking about on the C: drive. No idea how, when, or why this new version of that file got created (alas, my music server is an XP box which is not my OS of choice, so I really am not familiar of how or why it or the applications that run on it do the things they do, but I've organized my music under iTunes and I had some extra hardware laying around) but it was now the "go to" iTunes Music Library.xml file as opposed to the one I had originally configured to serve in that capacity.

I'd recommend searching for all instances of the iTunes Music Library.xml file, ensuring you know which is the "go to" instance, and then hardcoding (not leaving blank) the ITUNES MUSIC LIBRARY.XML LOCATION and the ITUNES MUSIC FOLDER instances in the Slim Server iTunes pull down menu.

Crazyquilt
2007-01-11, 10:09
I had the same problem with iTunes playlists with SS 6.5 on my brand new SB3. I ran slim.exe from the command line, but this is, to say the least, an inelegant solution. I don't know yet if new playlists will be pickup up by SS or if I'll have to re-run the command.

Is there any chance of ironing this out, or is there something I'm missing?

TIA.

eJohn
2009-02-22, 14:35
I am still searching to find a way for SC to see my iTunes smart playlists.

Any thoughts? eJohn

Blisteringblue
2009-02-25, 16:59
I use the following to turn my iTunes Genius playlists into M3U playlists that I can play on my Boom.

http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/

It is basically a GUI interface that strips the XML from an iTunes playlist and saves it as an M3U.

Has options to not bother putting DRM tracks into the M3U.

I don't use the iTunes integration in SqueezeCenter as it would introduce mp3 and flac duplicates into my library. However I love the Genius facility in iTunes and this way I can build Genius playlists that I can play on my Boom