PDA

View Full Version : Rescan time

bernt
2005-11-14, 07:57
Hi!

I'm in progress to replace my mp3 with flac. Everytime I replace an album I do a clear and rescan.

Is there a way to see how long time a rescan takes? Don't want to start a scan if I plan to use the Squeezebox later.

Regards
/Bernt

dwc
2005-11-14, 11:32
That's a question I've been sitting on for a while. How do you know when a full rescan is done?

radish
2005-11-14, 11:48
a) You shouldn't need to do a wipe, just a rescan should work (and will be quicker).
b) When the scan is complete the text "SlimServer is currently scanning your music collection..." will be replaced by "Your library contains..." on the front page.

bernt
2005-11-14, 12:13
a) You shouldn't need to do a wipe, just a rescan should work (and will be quicker).
b) When the scan is complete the text "SlimServer is currently scanning your music collection..." will be replaced by "Your library contains..." on the front page.

My concern is about having the same album showing up twice. I'm not adding a new album, I'm replacing it with new files.

If I know that the scan takes about 30 min I can do the scan when I doing something else and not listen to the Squeezebox.
Yes, sometimes you have to leave it and walk the streets like an ordinary man.

A logfile that tells you that the scan started hh.mm and ended hh.mm should be god enough.

radish
2005-11-14, 13:04
I'm sure there's a --d option which will log rescans, don't have a list of them handy right now though.

bernt
2005-11-15, 12:19
Ok,I have a look at it. Thanks.