PDA

View Full Version : The power of "Browse Music Folder"

mrfantasy
2005-11-13, 19:53
I just learned today that if you've got new music that hasn't been scanned yet, and you go to it by "Browse Music Folder" in the web interface or in the player, it gets added to your library on-the-fly. That's cool. I'm running a recent 6.2.1 nightly (November 9) so I don't know how long this feature has been there, but I like it.

dwc
2005-11-13, 23:39
This is _not_ working for me. I get the song i select to play, but errors on the rest of the songs in the folder. If I start with song 3, after it finishes I can play 1-3 but not 4-8. I have to do a full rescan to fix the now-borked folder.

edit: <<researching>>

I can see the tracks tacked onto the end of the "tracks" table. Full info is written for the first 'n' songs, but nothing beyond "URL" is written for the rest of the tracks. No title, tilesort, titlesearch, album, tracknum, etc...
The DB essentially is left in a broken state on that folder. This is with 6.2.0 and 6.2.1 as of today. It's easy to get the db into this broken state. Is the only way out a full rescan? Can folders be rescanned?

Edit: Here's what the table looks like: http://www.sonic.net/dcarwin/images/corrupt-db.JPG

bernt
2005-11-14, 00:02
I just learned today that if you've got new music that hasn't been scanned yet, and you go to it by "Browse Music Folder" in the web interface or in the player, it gets added to your library on-the-fly. That's cool. I'm running a recent 6.2.1 nightly (November 9) so I don't know how long this feature has been there, but I like it.

For me it works from the Squeezebox to and has been working since I first installed Slimserver 6.1.