PDA

View Full Version : Does upgrading Apache help? and how can i arrange the new music view?

SAS_James
2005-11-11, 06:22
Hi ive been using this software for about 6 months now and have a common error, with an internal network of 30-40 people having web access to choose songs and a squeezebox 1 wireless b networked relaying the music.

It seems to stop playing from time to time and then take about 15 seconds before it resumes.

Also everytime there is more than 5 people accessing the webpage it freezes.

I tried 6.5b but it crashed my system and couldn't find my squeeze box. so i went back to 6.2.0

Im wondering if upgrading apache might be a fix to solving user amounts coming through the web.

I am currently using a PowerPC G4 450MHz on OSX10.3.9 with 640MB RAM
My Internal network is very fast for the replay to the squueze box im using a dedicated Apple Airport running only 802.11b connections (as my squueze box is on a b)

_____
Also can anyone help me organise the new music area to show artists instead of the album title, i can't seem to find a function in slim without editing the html file, which is next on my list.

Any help is a thumbs up.

Many thanks.

Jim
2005-11-11, 06:33
...with an internal network of 30-40 people having web access to choose songs...

:O

How can you manage to have 40 people being able to choose songs when I have enough trouble not having a "delete playlist" fight when my girlfriend is here ! ?

(Sorry not to be of help)

SAS_James
2005-11-11, 06:50
hi i edited the html files to remove the play it now function so all my users can do is add to the playlist.

kdf
2005-11-11, 10:40
On 11-Nov-05, at 5:22 AM, SAS_James wrote:

>
> I tried 6.5b but it crashed my system and couldn't find my squeeze box.
> so i went back to 6.2.0
>
Don't use 6.5 for production systems. 6.2.1 builds are the stable
choice.
-k