PDA

View Full Version : Displayed spectrum spontaneously changed mode

LavaJoe
2005-11-09, 08:21
Yesterday, after playing a random mix (in which one song would not play), my display mode changed from "Small Spectrum and Elapsed Time" to "Spectrum and Elapsed Time." I later logged into the web interface and changed it back, but is there any known reason it would change by itself (e.g. is there a remote button that can do this)? Not sure if the non-playable song has anything to do with it - I cannot repeat it. Note also that I have been installing new nightlys over old ones with "rpm -Uvh". This is to avoid losing my settings; perhaps this is not a good idea...?

I am running the 11/7 nightly, and firmware is v. 26.

-Joe

radish
2005-11-09, 08:29
Pressing Now Playing while on the Now Playing screen will cycle through the display modes.

mherger
2005-11-09, 08:30
> Yesterday, after playing a random mix (in which one song would not
> play), my display mode changed from "Small Spectrum and Elapsed Time"
> to "Spectrum and Elapsed Time." I later logged into the web interface
> and changed it back, but is there any known reason it would change by
> itself (e.g. is there a remote button that can do this)?

I'd rather say you've accidentally hit the "Now playing" button on the
remote.

> Note also that I have been installing new nightlys over old ones with
> "rpm -Uvh". This is to avoid losing my settings; perhaps this is not a
> good idea...?

I'm doing this all the time. Should be ok.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

LavaJoe
2005-11-09, 08:33
Pressing Now Playing while on the Now Playing screen will cycle through the display modes.

Thank you! I bet that's what happened. Given the other issues I had yesterday I thought some serious problems were happening.

-Joe

Patrick Dixon
2005-11-09, 10:24
I filled a bug for this a while back - before it was politely pointed out to me that it was a feature!

Now I understand it, I quite like it, although it would be nice to be able to disable those modes you don't want to cycle through.