PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

I Deliver
2005-11-08, 14:38
I recently bought two SB 2's and would like to know if there is any way to have SB turn on at a certain time and then off? I would like music in my Clinic but would like for it to come on and off automatically each day.

I also downloaded Moodlogic trial to see if I could have a better way to organize my music but I am not sure even how to get it to play SB, also is there better organizers for someone without much time to tag or better catalog music/

Thanks for any help,

Tim

mherger
2005-11-09, 01:48
> I recently bought two SB 2's and would like to know if there is any way
> to have SB turn on at a certain time and then off? I would like music
> in my Clinic but would like for it to come on and off automatically
> each day.

There's an alarm clock built in which let's you set timed playing for
every day of the week. Go to the player settings, alarm to configure it.
If you need even more flexibilty, have a look at kdf's advanced alarm
plugin (http://callisto.deane-freeman.com/slimserver/)

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

I Deliver
2005-11-09, 13:01
Thanks for your help, I found alarm setting, is there a time off switch too or duration time?

I downloaded the other plugin, do I install that in plugins? How do I activate it?

Thanks,

Tim

greedy_grendel
2005-11-09, 14:18
Most plugins come with detailed setup instructions, but yes, load the downloaded plugin into the plugins directory. Restart Slimserver and check to see if it's running by seeing if it has been added to the Plugins section of the main page of the UI.

Cheers,
-m

I Deliver
2005-11-10, 20:59
ok, I have installed but no luck getting the plugin to even show up. I know I am new to this, but is there any simple write up how to install plugin, step by step. The one advance alarm clock I downloaded has no information how, or where to install it just refers me to the plugin forum.
again any help would be appreciated for newbies like me.

Tim

MrC
2005-11-10, 21:19
Hello Tim,

Installing plugins is pretty trivial. You download the (usually zipped) plugin into the C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Plugins directory.

For the AlarmPlugin mentioned, it is just a .pm file, so there's no unzipping. Just put it into the Plugins directory as indicated above.

Then, connect to the server via Web browser at http://<yourhost>:9000 (replace <yourhost> with the IP of your host or localhost if the server's on your local system).

Go to the Server Settings->Plugins area, and check the box next to the plugins you want enabled. There should also be a pulldown that can allow plugins to load on the fly - select that if you want the plugin to immediately load - otherwise, you'd have to restart the server.

Once the plugin is loaded, you can configure its settings. This will be either at the bottom of the page you're on, or if applicable to a player (vs. the server), under Player Settings.

Be sure to click the Change button when you make changes.

That's about it!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, look at "How do I add Plugins to the SlimServer software?" in the Frequently Asked Questions in the Help section when connected to the server via browser. And more info is here: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SlimServerPlugins

danco
2005-11-11, 01:05
Hello Tim,

Installing plugins is pretty trivial. You download the (usually zipped) plugin into the C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Plugins directory.

With my usual comment that the original poster did not mention what OS is being used. If not on Windows, one has to look for a similar folder. Or create one if necessary.

Is that the best place to put plugins for a Windows user? On the Mac there are two possible places, one that corresponds to the one you gave and another that does not get lost when SlimServer is updated.

radish
2005-11-11, 08:41
With my usual comment that the original poster did not mention what OS is being used. If not on Windows, one has to look for a similar folder. Or create one if necessary.

Is that the best place to put plugins for a Windows user? On the Mac there are two possible places, one that corresponds to the one you gave and another that does not get lost when SlimServer is updated.
For Windows that's the only place, but the installer doesn't clobber that directory so upgrading isn't an issue.

MrC
2005-11-11, 10:18
With my usual comment that the original poster did not mention what OS is being used.

Sure he did: "I also downloaded Moodlogic trial".

I Deliver
2005-11-11, 14:54
Thanks for all your help, suddenly today the plugin was there, works great but is there an off time, duration goes for 90 mins but I would like 8 hrs if possible.

Next, maybe it is something I did, of coarse it has to be but my volumn starts fading for no reason at all the way down to zero over about a minute. OK, what did I do this time.

I am using Windows XP with service pack 2, pent 4 not sure if that has any bearing with this new issue.

Tim

kdf
2005-11-11, 15:12
On 11-Nov-05, at 1:54 PM, I Deliver wrote:

>
> Thanks for all your help, suddenly today the plugin was there, works
> great but is there an off time, duration goes for 90 mins but I would
> like 8 hrs if possible.
>

Open the AlarmPlugin.pm file with a text editor (wordpad, for eg)

Find line 500:
my $sleepTime =
Slim::Utils::Prefs::
clientGet($client,'PLUGIN.alarmduration.'.$alarmID );

you could change this to:

my $sleepTime = 480;
(or maybe a little higher to let you listen after hours :)

Another option would be to set the alarm for 90 minutes, install 6
copies of the alarm and set them for every hour with different
playlists (if you want to have different music at different times).
Each new alarm overrides the previous ones.

to do this, just make a copy of the AlarmPlugin.pm file, saved as
AlarmPlugin1.pm, AlarmPlugin2.pm etc.
Edit line 14 to match each filename:

package Plugins::AlarmPlugin1;
package Plugins::AlarmPlugin2;

etc.

cheers,
kdf

I Deliver
2005-11-11, 15:59
Of coarse, thanks for the help, any suggestion for the volume. I have not enable any faders or anything on sound but I just can watch my volume fade to one, droppping a knotch every few seconds.

Tim

MrC
2005-11-11, 17:00
Thanks for all your help, suddenly today the plugin was there, works great but is there an off time, duration goes for 90 mins but I would like 8 hrs if possible.

Submit an enhancement request to the author, KDF.

Next, maybe it is something I did, of coarse it has to be but my volumn starts fading for no reason at all the way down to zero over about a minute. OK, what did I do this time.
Only one thing comes to mind immediately - the volume restore plugin (can't remember the exact name). Did you install and enable it?

Edit: another thing comes to mind: Stuck volume down button?