PDA

View Full Version : Help with connection from soundcard to receiver

drzaius
2005-11-06, 11:58
Hello,

I rearranged my audio set-up after getting my Squeezebox up and running and had a question on connecting my computer to my receiver.

I have the squeeze box in my living room, hooked into my home theater set-up and its working great.

My computer is in another room and I have another set of speakers that I would like to hook up to the computer (via receiver) so I can listen to real speakers when I am on the computer. Is there a way (or cable) that will go from the soundcard directly to a receiver via a digital signal? And, is there such thing as an inexpensive 2 channel amp/receiver that can take a digital input that has banana plugs?

So in short, is it possible to hook a computer via digital signal to a receiver to run a set (2) of speakers?

Thanks,
Drzaius

Michaelwagner
2005-11-07, 07:35
Is there a way (or cable) that will go from the soundcard directly to a receiver via a digital signal?This depends on your computer. I've never heard of such a thing, but that doesn't mean someone isn't making them. Try checking out the documents that came with your computer.

radish
2005-11-07, 08:31
So in short, is it possible to hook a computer via digital signal to a receiver to run a set (2) of speakers?

Yes, if your computer has digital out, which many do these days. Otherwise, you'll just have to use regular old analog audio. I doubt you'll notice any difference.