PDA

View Full Version : Internet Radio not working on SB1

norderney
2005-11-06, 11:35
I have not been able to get ANY internet radio stations streaming through my SqueezeBox 1 with the tune in feature, except for Radio Luxembourg [www.radioluxembourg.lu]. RadioIO and ShoutCast work fine.

Should tune in work with Squeeze Box 1? I am running on ver 6.2.1. The station name apears on the SqueezeBox screen, but I get no audio. I have tried many links which others on tthis forum say work ok. Do I need to upade to SqueezeBox 3?

mherger
2005-11-06, 12:49
> Should tune in work with Squeeze Box 1? I am running on ver 6.2.1. The

Of course - it even does with my SliMP3.

> station name apears on the SqueezeBox screen, but I get no audio. I have
> tried many links which others on tthis forum say work ok. Do I need to
> upade to SqueezeBox 3?

What stations did you try? What's the urls? SB1 will only play mp3 streams
natively. For Real or WMA streams you'd need AlienBBC to be installed.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

norderney
2005-11-06, 13:56
I already have AlienBBC installed. How should I go about playing a WMA stream with AlienBBC? I think most of the audio streams I have been trying are WMA.

I have an odd problem with AlienBBC. I can play the Radio 1, Radio 3, Radio 4, BBC 5 Live, 6 Music and BBC7 streams via AlienBBC fine, but when I select Radio 2 or one of the BBC Local Radio streams I get no audio, but it does display the station name on my SqueezeBox. The Listen Again streams also play ok without any problems.

Surely if some of the BBC stations play, all of them should play?

I am running SlimServer 6.2.1, but I had previous been running AlienBBC as a plug in with 6.1.1 and had the SAME problem with this.

Triode
2005-11-06, 14:15
If you are using a windows machine as a server, Alien is not needed to play wma. It should work using a standard slimserver install. If it does not it could point to a problem with your firewall or antivirus software not allowing the processes wmadec and/or socketwrapper to open internet connections.

norderney
2005-11-06, 14:35
I am running Windows XP on my computer.

I can play these audio streams directly on my pc, but not through the Tune In function on SqueezeBox.

My broadband internet connction goes into my Netgear Firewall ADSL Wireless Router. Then I have a cable connecting my Router to a PCI card in my pc. I run Norton Internet Security 2005 [firewall & anti virus]. What should I be checking on my firewall?

Triode
2005-11-06, 15:18
Do you have any firewall rules associated with wmadec or socketwrapper - if allow both through to see if this fixes the problem

mherger
2005-11-06, 22:19
> I can play these audio streams directly on my pc, but not through the
> Tune In function on SqueezeBox.

Could you please give us some urls to see, what kind of stream you're
trying to play?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)