PDA

View Full Version : Odd display problem

Fifer
2005-11-06, 07:53
I was using my SB2 last night and whilst switching between screen displays, I've somehow managed to get the Spectrum Analyser playing in the background of every screen. I've rebooted the SB2, rebooted the server and switched between screen-savers, but it's still there. Everything works fine, apart form this odd display issue. What's even more frustrating is that it happened once before (ages ago) and I can't remember what I did to fix it. Anyone else seen this?

max.spicer
2005-11-06, 08:09
Every screen or just the now playing ones? If the latter, press now playing on your remote to cycle through the now playing modes - one of these puts the spectrum analyzer in the background.

On my system, I've changed the code to stop now playing doing this - I found I was always changing it by accident. This is http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1917.

Max

I was using my SB2 last night and whilst switching between screen displays, I've somehow managed to get the Spectrum Analyser playing in the background of every screen. I've rebooted the SB2, rebooted the server and switched between screen-savers, but it's still there. Everything works fine, apart form this odd display issue. What's even more frustrating is that it happened once before (ages ago) and I can't remember what I did to fix it. Anyone else seen this?

el payo
2005-11-06, 10:57
On my system, I've changed the code to stop now playing doing this - I found I was always changing it by accident. This is http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1917.Max

I just voted for that bug Max - I'm constantly having to cycle thru the Now Playing views to get back to my favorite as well. 'Locking in' a view would be a welcome addition.

Fifer
2005-11-06, 14:19
Thanks gentlemen, that's what it was. I didn't know that pressing 'now playing' cycled through the various options. Still learning, I suppose ...

max.spicer
2005-11-06, 15:00
Did you notice that I've attached a patch to that bug to do just this? I may have a go at fixing it properly at some point, but I've had this patch on my system for months now so I don't notice the problem anymore.

Max

I just voted for that bug Max - I'm constantly having to cycle thru the Now Playing views to get back to my favorite as well. 'Locking in' a view would be a welcome addition.