PDA

View Full Version : Filename format question (not really that important)



dfk
2005-11-05, 17:39
All my mp3's and flacs start with a 2 digit number for example:

03 - Band on The Run
04 - Another Day

This is great because I can keep the album in song order and useful too on my IHP340. I don't really like to see the number on SB2 so is it possible to tell SB2 to ignore the number and still put and put the files in alphabetical order for each folder?

(ignored number) Another Day
(ignored number) Band on The Run

This is the format I have now:

TITLE By (ARTIST) From (ALBUM) or TRACKNUM: TITLE By (ARTIST) From (ALBUM) if I want to show the track number.

Maybe I am asking too much :-)

mherger
2005-11-06, 00:53
> All my mp3's flacs start with a 2 digit number for example:

MP3 or flac?

> 03 - Band on The Run
> 05 - Another Day

Is this the filename or the title tag?

> This is great because I can keep the album in song order and useful too
> on my IHP340. I don't really like to see the number on SB2 so is it
> possible to tell SB2 to ignore the number and still put and put the
> files in alphabetical order for each folder?

If it's the filename and the tags are correctly set not to include the
number it's fairly standard. But if you include the number in the title,
then you're lost.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

dfk
2005-11-06, 06:51
> All my mp3's flacs start with a 2 digit number for example:

MP3 or flac?

> 03 - Band on The Run
> 05 - Another Day

Is this the filename or the title tag?

> This is great because I can keep the album in song order and useful too
> on my IHP340. I don't really like to see the number on SB2 so is it
> possible to tell SB2 to ignore the number and still put and put the
> files in alphabetical order for each folder?

If it's the filename and the tags are correctly set not to include the
number it's fairly standard. But if you include the number in the title,
then you're lost.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)


I have the numbers set in the filename itself but not in the Title tag (see image) so that other devices that I have can read the tracks in the order of the album. But as I said this is not important to me when using the SB2. But from what you say it looks like a non starter :-) It would be good though if the SB2 could ignore a user defined set amount of characters in the filename? That would be quite powerful.

dfk

Michaelwagner
2005-11-06, 08:11
I'm not understanding. This should work right out of the box.

If the title tag does not contain the numbers, then
TITLE By (ARTIST) From (ALBUM)
should not show numbers.

Are you saying it does anyways?

dfk
2005-11-06, 08:46
I'm not understanding. This should work right out of the box.

If the title tag does not contain the numbers, then
TITLE By (ARTIST) From (ALBUM)
should not show numbers.

Are you saying it does anyways?

You are right TITLE By (ARTIST) From (ALBUM) does not show numbers but it is not in alphabetical order and that is what I am after. Sorry, I may have explained what I am after in a complex way.

dfk