PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested to get squeezebox3 in NYC

jackyhan
2005-11-03, 09:55
Hi, I want to get one squeezebox3 but I need to find another potential buyer in nyc area so we can use $100 OFF 2! coupon, if you are seriously interested, please contact me through email jackyhan@hotmail.com, thanks!

jackyhan
2005-11-03, 17:56
No one in nyc interested in it? hard to believe.

eq72521
2005-11-04, 11:45
I've seen a few posts like this. I haven't seen any replies from Slim Devices personnel, but it feels to me like people are taking advantage of the company. It seems to me that the offer is for people that:

a) actually want two new players
b) want a player and already personally know someone else that also wants one
c) want a player for themselves and one to give as a gift

If you really want just one player, buy one. If the price is out of your current reach, wait a few months for it to drop.

Slim Devices personnel, feel free to chastise me if this practice is OK and you'd rather sell two SB3s at $100 less profit rather than the other possibilities (one or two at full price or worse, none at all).

seanadams
2005-11-04, 12:10
Au contraire - we are glad that people are looking for friends to go in together on an order. Spread the word!

pfarrell
2005-11-04, 12:19
seanadams said:
> Au contraire - we are glad that people are looking for friends to go in
> together on an order. Spread the word!

Is SlimDevices a way cool company or not?

Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com

PAUL WILLIAMSON
2005-11-04, 12:46
This one time, at band camp, pfarrell (AT) pfarrell (DOT) com said:
> Is SlimDevices a way cool company or not?

Way cool. I just e-mailed a buddy of mine in NYC to
see if he is interested. I'll send something out when
I hear back from him.

Paul

bishopdonmiguel
2005-11-04, 13:16
> Is SlimDevices a way cool company or not?

Absolutely. No question.

Having said that, regarding this specific promotion, I can't help but secretly wonder if for every ecstatic buyer who can use/afford 2 new units, they are also disappointing two potential buyers who don't want 2 units, can't get the deal, and therefore pass on a purchase. I remember McDonald's used to (perhaps still?) sell 2 apple pies for $1.00 or one for $0.89. I don't want 2 apple pies so I decided to stop buying the occasional one until they offer 1 for $0.50 or $0.55 cents. However, I guess I do know a lot of people who thought the deal was keen so what do I know, eh?

jackyhan
2005-11-04, 21:58
thank you, slimdevices, two items order is on the way.

eq72521
2005-11-07, 11:07
I stand humbly corrected. Slim Devices *is* a way cool company.