PDA

View Full Version : SB3 arrived today.

el payo
2005-11-02, 11:59
UPS just dropped off my new toy and I'm floored by the
quality of fit & finish on the SB3 (is that even the
correct name? is it still just a 'Squeezebox'?)

Anyway, I think Jonathon Ive over at Apple would be
mighty impressed. Congratulations to all of you at
Slim Devices on what our British friends on the list
would call 'a fine piece of kit.'

radish
2005-11-02, 13:01

Anyway, I think Jonathon Ive over at Apple would be
mighty impressed. Congratulations to all of you at
Slim Devices on what our British friends on the list
would call 'a fine piece of kit.'

Gaaah!! I was trying to persuade myself I didn't need to upgrade and then you go and post that. Doh!

max.spicer
2005-11-02, 13:13
This is going to be like the time I got my sb2 all over again. I don't even know if mine's been shipped yet and now you guys are going to make me sit here and read all about what I'm missing. :-(

Technically, I believe it is now just a Squeezebox. To distinguish between it and other models, it's revision 3. I can't imagine it being called anything other than an SB3 on these forums, though.

Max

JJZolx
2005-11-02, 13:58
Do you have an SB2? I'd be interested in hearing whether or not the internal antenna is as good as the external one. I don't quite understand that move, but we'll have to see what the results are in a comparison between the two.

el payo
2005-11-02, 22:43
Do you have an SB2? I'd be interested in hearing whether or not the internal antenna is as good as the external one. I don't quite understand that move, but we'll have to see what the results are in a comparison between the two.

OK, yes I have both a squeezebox and a SB2 - all wireless. Each iteration of squeezeboxen have been progressively better - in this case, the difference is that where I averaged about a 90% signal with the SB2, I now get a solid 100%. My SB3 is not that far from my Base Station (Apple Snow) but there is a wall in between them.