PDA

View Full Version : SB2 as network bridge

JasonW
2005-10-31, 03:00
Hi,

A few days ago I just recieved my SB2 and could not wait to set it up.

After quite a while of "playing" i managed to connect up to my Belkin wireless 4 port router although i still have a problem with the SB2 sometimes failing to connect even though i have a 80% or better signal strength and then it will magically connect?.

Anyway at the moment i am living with this random none connections. What i am having problems with is setting the SB2 up to be a Bridge to my Playstation 2 with a network adapter.

After following the instructions in the manual to try to set it up in bridge mode i never seem to get the option to set the network bridge to "Yes". I have tried with both a patch cable (cross over) and normal cable that i know are working. I can view the Bridge connection setting in the "View network settings" menu is there not a way just to set this option to yes?

Please help.

Jason Wroe (Wanna be SB2 enthusiast)

MrC
2005-10-31, 10:09
Make sure the device on the other end of the cable is turned in and its ethernet is active. The hold down the power in the SB until it resets. Go through network config again.

JasonW
2005-11-01, 02:02
Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply this approach worked first time :) when connecting my laptop via a cross over cable. I dont know why the manual couldnt say this but nevermind.

The only other problem i have now is that i cant connect my PS2 directly to the SB2 using a cross over cable or normal cable. The only way i could do this was to plug a switching hub into the SB2 via a cross over cable then connect the PS2 to the hub.

Is this normal or have i done something wrong.

Thanks for all your advice.

PS. I am now hoping to learn perl so i can contribute to the community.

radish
2005-11-01, 07:46
The only other problem i have now is that i cant connect my PS2 directly to the SB2 using a cross over cable or normal cable. The only way i could do this was to plug a switching hub into the SB2 via a cross over cable then connect the PS2 to the hub.

Sounds very much as if your crossover cable isn't actually a crossover.