PDA

View Full Version : Set up WMA Internet Radio on Slim Server

vayaruina
2005-10-30, 11:23
Does anybody know how to set an WMA Internet RAdio Sation on the Slim Server ?

Im trying hard to set this Radio Station :

http://es.music.yahoo.com/launchcast/stations/default.asp

Which has many high quality radio stations without commercials.

Thank you (again)

;)

tom permutt
2005-10-30, 11:37
The trouble, I think, is that that is not quite a radio station (in a slightly different sense than other "Internet radio" stations aren't.) It is instead a specialized program that plays individual songs on demand: just not necessarily your demand.

Anyway, as far as I know, there is no way to play it on SlimServer (yet?). Search the forums for "Launchcast," though: there is a fair amount of interest in it.

vayaruina
2005-10-31, 12:07
You were right

Theres a 14th pages philosophycal document with no solution on it at :

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14199&highlight=launchcast

I do not understand anything , but im sure i wanna listen as much intenet radio stations as i can to learn much more about music styles.

I dont like too much Live365 ( too many boundaries ) , Shoutcast has no quite good sound quality , so i use to listen the Radioio (great station , many music styles , great sound quality and not so much talks )

Thanks for all the plugins developers who keeps my hope on it.

;)

ceejay
2005-10-31, 12:15
I do not understand anything , but im sure i wanna listen as much intenet radio stations as i can to learn much more about music styles.

I dont like too much Live365 ( too many boundaries ) , Shoutcast has no quite good sound quality , so i use to listen the Radioio (great station , many music styles , great sound quality and not so much talks )

You might want to try LastFM, for which (thanks to James) there is a working plugin for slimserver. Have a look on the 3rd party plugins forum.

You can try out the station on your PC very easily, it has its own player, then when you decide you like it and want to integrate into slimserver you just add the plugin.

Any style you like. No talking, no adverts. Free.

Ceejay

vayaruina
2005-11-01, 10:50
As you told me , its a great Radio Station.

Just a little buggie procedure to run on the SlimServer , but it seems to work.

Thank you for show me the light

;)