PDA

View Full Version : Audiotrons?

Michaelwagner
2005-10-29, 21:43
Out of curiousity, how many people have/had Audiotrons?

For those who don't know, the Audiotron was another MP3 player, larger, rack-mountable, quite different architecture, had it's own internal server and web interface.

They were discontinued more than a year ago now.

Maditude
2005-10-29, 23:57
I liked the idea that it would just talk to my already-existing file-server, and I thought it looked nice enough, but when I had trouble finding anyone who still carried them, I learned about SlimDevices.

docbee
2005-10-30, 00:09
I had one, worked mostly fine until it went dead half a year ago. Software issues and the unability to tweak the software yourself really made me unsatisfied about turtle beach over time. The limit according to the titles it can handle was very annoying, but there are stil companies that do these things wrong - like sonos for example.

What I really liked about the audiotron war the turn-knob navigation at the device itself. Second thing that I loved was how they used the two display lines for navigation. The upper line was something linke a menu listing all the options to choose from. Therefore, you could directly see what options you have instead of start scrolling and see what might come (as I have to do with the slim). Together with the clickable turn-knob the handling was really a charm, even for non-geeks ;-)

What about an audiotron shaped slim? Form factor and navigation would find quite some friends here. But please combine these with the inner values of our so loved slims.

Just my $0.02

MrC
2005-10-30, 00:15
I never purchased one because I felt Turtle Beach/Voyetra had pretty poor software and customer support.

allanimal
2005-10-30, 00:53
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005, Maditude wrote:

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the
> results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=17641
> Question: Audiotron(s)
>
> - Had one, but no longer have it.
> - Had more than one, but no longer have them.
> - Have one, have it still.
> - Have more than one, have them still.

Your poll is incomplete. There should be a response that says "What the
heck is an audiotron?".

awetmore
2005-10-30, 04:11
I had one for a couple of years. The nice thing was that Turtle Beach stopped making them at the same time that PC Magazine gave them an editors choice award, so I was able to sell the unit used for about $50 more than I paid for it new.

The Audiotron had a few benefits over the Squeezebox:
* Front panel controls that where easy to use. I still wish Slimdevices would make a variation of the Squeezebox with front panel controls. My wife almost doesn't use the Squeezebox as a result, and used the Audiotron almost daily.
* The two line UI was a little easier to understand.
* Stackable form factor, it looked more at home in a stereo rack.
* Didn't require special server software. This is a plus or minus depending on what features you want.

The Squeezebox have a number of features too:
* More features in the software and more frequent updates.
* Much much better display (even on the original SB1 and SliMP3).
* Syncing of multiple units.

I had one Audiotron and now have 4 Squeezeboxen (2 SB1-G, 2 SB2).

alex

fcm4711
2005-10-30, 04:32
Hi there

I lived in California when I decided I needed something to listen to my MP3s in the living room and so I bought an Audiotron at Fry's. But about immediately I had some issues I wanted to be solved and checked the internet to see if someone has a solution for me. That was when I found out about Slim Devices and SLIMP3. Since I lived close by I picked up my first SLIMP3 at Slim Devices in Mountain View. I immediately saw the big advantage (at least for me as a geek) of the concept. One of my first additions was the i2c extension to turn my amplifier on and off. And this was when I got into contact with Sean, Dean and all the other fine folks at Slim Devices.

Felix

P.S. Oh, you ask what happend to the Audiotron. Well, it went back to Fry's for a refund. (BTW I don't think it was a bad device, it just didn't fit my needs.)

Michaelwagner
2005-10-30, 07:29
Your poll is incomplete. There should be a response that says "What the heck is an audiotron?".Which is why I explained it in my first post.

LavaJoe
2005-10-30, 08:47
I still have my Audiotron. I got it about 6 years ago, and it still works pretty well. There is my pros/cons list:

Pros:

* Stereo component form factor
* Nice sturdy metal housing
* Front panel controls, nice knob navigation
* Support was good on the Turtle Beach forum

Cons:

* Software not Open Source, and OS is Windows-based
* Gets pretty warm
* Locks up every now and then (went from daily to monthly when
I put it behind a firewall - I suspect hack attempts became
more frequent)
* Small display
* No "Various Artists" feature - I love this new SB feature!
* Not supported anymore

cshaida
2005-10-30, 08:58
had several ats and have replaced them with sb2s. the stability and web interface of the sb2 is dramatically better than the at. and the vibrancy of slimdevices and this community is a huge improvement over tb. however, i do miss the 'knob' on the at. it was imho an exquisite piece of physical user interface design--particularly the way that it 'jump' through a large list when you spun it faster. more generally i agree with awetmore's post. the physical form factor of the at was much better than the sb2 (alas!). of course, it may just be that i'm trapped in 'hifi' norms re the form factor?

Michaelwagner
2005-10-30, 09:21
I agree with most of your points, but would pick a nit with this one:

Cons:
* Software not Open Source, and OS is Windows-based
The software was black box, so it doesn't really matter that it was based on windows CE. It was an appliance and it worked. My microwave isn't open source either, but I put the popcorn in and it does everything I want it to do with the popcorn, so I don't need to see the source for the controller.

It had a pretty good API for selecting songs, managing the queue, interrogating the built-in database, displaying things on the screen, etc. Most things the average user wants to do, playlist manipulation, etc, could be done via the API.

The API was HTTP based, like the now depricated SLIM API.

My problem with the API, which I think they were going to address before they pulled the plug, was the responsiveness of it (sound familiar?). It could take a second to respond if you asked it something right after a new song started (it was too busy loading up it's buffers, I suspect).

Communication with the developers of the code was good, as good I would say as with the slim people here, and so when they said it was being looked at, I had every reason to believe them. They'd done everything else they said.

Oh, and there was an API call for moving to a particular point in the song, and it wasn't well thought out. It only gave a 1/100 granularity, which isn't really accurate enough. But I could have lived with it. And they could have fixed it.

And then someone higher up pulled the plug, and turtle beach's experiment in being more than a mundane sound card company came to an end.

Michaelwagner
2005-10-30, 09:28
however, i do miss the 'knob' on the at.Yes, as useful as a mouse for a computer, a knob for hifi gear is pretty important. It was the volume control, it scrolled through song lists (way better than a pair of up-down keys can). A knob, either on the slim remote or on the slim itself, would be a great improvement.

the physical form factor of the at was much betterI rack mounted one of mine. Lots of hifi stuff is rack size. But it also weighed more as a result. And didn't work then as a bedside clock radio :-) More like a rack clock radio.

On the inside there was enough room for a 3.5" hard disk, and I often wondered if they had been planning something like that. For a rack unit, especially for musicians that move around a lot, self-contained would have some advantages.

Michaelwagner
2005-10-30, 09:30
I never purchased one because I felt Turtle Beach/Voyetra had pretty poor software and customer support.
Support for the AT was in a different class from the rest of their products ... until the project was pulled.

A case where the management, I guess, didn't share the vision of the techies.

An advantage for SLIM, of course. The management are the techies.

ModelCitizen
2005-10-30, 11:41
however, i do miss the 'knob' on the at.

Yes, as useful as a mouse for a computer, a knob for hifi gear is pretty important.
<perplexed>
I'm a bit confused about why people are so attached to their knobs. Surely the remote has replaced the knob (OK, if you're a DJ having a knob may be a bit more important)? For me the remote is a much better solution. I just can't see why it isn't for others.
</perplexed>
:-)
MC

seanadams
2005-10-30, 12:39
Support for the AT was in a different class from the rest of their products ... until the project was pulled.

A case where the management, I guess, didn't share the vision of the techies.

An advantage for SLIM, of course. The management are the techies.

I can't find the post from their lead engineer but they were quite open about why it was discontinued. Support and R&D costs too high, volume too low, poor retail traction etc. All well understood challenges here. From a near-term, strictly financial perspective I can clearly see how sound cards would be a nicer business. Who cares if the margin's only a few bucks when the market is millions of units?

All of this is slowly changing though - suffice to say Slim has a different approach.

pfarrell
2005-10-30, 12:55
On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 11:39 -0800, seanadams wrote:
> I can't find the post from their lead engineer but they were quite open
> about why it was discontinued. Support and R&D costs too high, volume
> too low, poor retail traction etc. All well understood challenges
> here. From a near-term, strictly financial perspective I can clearly
> see how sound cards would be a nicer business. Who cares if the
> margin's only a few bucks when the market is millions of units?

Actually, sound cards are essentially a dead business.
While Intel's first attempt at doing it all in the CPU was
rejected by M$, nearly all of the modern motherboards have
onboard audio, often 5.1. So there is no volume in
commodity audio for PCs, period.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html

LavaJoe
2005-10-30, 13:30
I agree with most of your points, but would pick a nit with this one:

The software was black box, so it doesn't really matter that it was based on windows CE. It was an appliance and it worked. My microwave isn't open source either, but I put the popcorn in and it does everything I want it to do with the popcorn, so I don't need to see the source for the controller.

Let me elaborate on my two points... Yeah, not liking it because it's Windows is perhaps a little flimsy (except I have noticed, with the few I've tried, that embedded Linux are vert stable; case in point: Linksys WRT54G routers). It comes down to favoring Linux for mission critical, especially server-ish, applications. But now, I do not want to start a religious war... :)

My other point about Open Source, however, is one I feel strongly about. Yeah, if a device does all you ever want it to do and is totally bug-free, who cares if the source code is available. But the Audiotron does have bugs, and there are things that I can imagine changing. It would be cool, with a discontinued product, to be able to hack at the code. Otherwise, you are out of luck.

-Joe

cshaida
2005-10-30, 18:14
<perplexed>
I'm a bit confused about why people are so attached to their knobs. Surely the remote has replaced the knob (OK, if you're a DJ having a knob may be a bit more important)? For me the remote is a much better solution. I just can't see why it isn't for others.
</perplexed>
MC

I guess this all boils down to how discretely one parses one's 'appliances' (and I'm somebody who would much rather have an appliance do a few things really well then do a bunch of things)?

For me, I don't really get the 'remote is the solution to every interface issue.' Unlike with tv where I'm sitting in one spot and find a remote tremendously useful--because I use it every few minutes--with the stereo I don't need to control it 'remotely'. Afterall, I'm interacting with the 'music' once every 40 minutes (hour? two hours?) or so and 98% of the time all I really want to do is start something, stop something or change the volume. But also recognize that for me tv-watching and music-istening are two distinct activities that occur in different parts of the house (when I'm watching tv that occurs in one room in the house--music listening happens everywhere else but not in that room). Weirdly, the only button I ever push on the sb2 remote is the 'pause' button. I even painted around it with flourescent marker so I could always find the pause button (SEAN, IF YOU'RE LISTENING, IF YOU WON"T PUT A START/STOP BUTTON ON THE SB4 THEN HOW ABOUT A REALLY BIG PAUSE OR STOP BUTTON ON THE NEXT REMOTE?). It gets very granular: with the at I could walk to the place where the receiver was to change speaker use or volume and also start/stop music on the at or find new music to listen to. The extra 5-6 steps with the sb2 (find the remote, fiddle with the little buttons, walk thru the 4-5 steps to get to the abum I want) lead me to just sit down at the computer and do it there.

If you never used the at it's hard to describe--but that one element of the technology was beautiful. Remember, I'm speaking as someone who switched to the sb2 and who thinks that all things considered it's a better product. But still...

Michaelwagner
2005-10-30, 18:41
I can't find the post from their lead engineerI have it somewhere. I can find it if people want to see it.

they were quite open about why it was discontinued. Support and R&D costs too high, volume too low, poor retail traction etc.yada yada, yeah, I know, I read it. It totally ignored the fact that they had just won an auspicious award, done well at a show, and sales were picking up. I don't think the plug was pulled on technical or financial merits ...

From a near-term, strictly financial perspective I can clearly see how sound cards would be a nicer business. Who cares if the margin's only a few bucks when the market is millions of units? and millions of competitors.

In any case, I was sad to see them fold up their tent and fade into the background.

Jess Askey
2005-10-30, 19:49
Yeah, but you really had to experience the AT knob to appreciate it.
With a trained finger, I could navigate from song 1 to 56 in a playlist
within a second. The push/click and spin were awesome for any level of
menus. Just like the new microwaves (although, I hate the single knob on
the new microwaves, the AT was tops!). Life is so ironic. ;-)

ModelCitizen wrote:

>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the
>results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=17641
>Question: Audiotron(s)
>
>- Had one, but no longer have it.
>- Had more than one, but no longer have them.
>- Have one, have it still.
>- Have more than one, have them still.
>
>cshaida Wrote:
>
>
>>however, i do miss the 'knob' on the at.
>>
>>
>Michaelwagner Wrote:
>
>
>>Yes, as useful as a mouse for a computer, a knob for hifi gear is pretty
>>important.
>>
>>
><perplexed>
>I'm a bit confused about what people are so attached to their knobs.
>Surely the remote has replaced the knob (OK, if you're a DJ having a
>knob may be a bit more important)? For me the remote is a much better
>solution. I just can't see why it isn't for others.
></perplexed>
>:-)
>MC
>
>
>
>

seanadams
2005-10-30, 20:11
Just like the new microwaves (although, I hate the single knob on the new microwaves, the AT was tops!).

I have one of those and I hate it. My old microwave had a popcorn button which worked for EVERYTHING.

We need a popcorn button.

stinkingpig
2005-10-30, 20:20
seanadams wrote:

>
>
>Jess Askey Wrote:
>
>
>>Just like the new microwaves (although, I hate the single knob on the
>>new microwaves, the AT was tops!).
>>
>>
>
>I have one of those and I hate it. My old microwave had a popcorn
>button which worked for EVERYTHING.
>
>We need a popcorn button.
>
>

My microwave has the 'start' button... hit it once, you get 30 seconds.
hit it twice, 60, hit it 3x for 90, &c. Quit hitting it and it starts
nuking whatever you had put in. Of course that's the end of the 802.11b
in my house...

--
Jack At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin
so across the Western ocean I must wander" -- trad.

pfarrell
2005-10-30, 20:22
On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 19:11 -0800, seanadams wrote:
> Jess Askey Wrote:
> > Just like the new microwaves (although, I hate the single knob on the
> > new microwaves, the AT was tops!).
>
> I have one of those and I hate it. My old microwave had a popcorn
> button which worked for EVERYTHING.
>
> We need a popcorn button.

Kinda like the new BMW's I-Control that seemed like a good idea and
was panned by every car reviewer on the planet?

Knobs are useful for volume. I won't buy another car audio head unit
without a volume knob that turns the volume up or down _right now_ when
I twist it.

The recording studio folks really like knobs and sliders rather than
mouse controlled things. There are lots of USB controllers sold
for that market, some with only one big knob, some with several.
I've got a Contour ShuttlePro that is very handy. USB, mappable
to control nearly anything. Never occured to me to use it
for volume on my Squeezeboxen -- I never use the SB remote either.

--
Pat

stinkingpig
2005-10-30, 20:33
Pat Farrell wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 19:11 -0800, seanadams wrote:
>
>
>>Jess Askey Wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Just like the new microwaves (although, I hate the single knob on the
>>>new microwaves, the AT was tops!).
>>>
>>>
>>I have one of those and I hate it. My old microwave had a popcorn
>>button which worked for EVERYTHING.
>>
>>We need a popcorn button.
>>
>>
>
>Kinda like the new BMW's I-Control that seemed like a good idea and
>was panned by every car reviewer on the planet?
>
>

Context is important... the thing that sucks so badly in those beemers
is trying to get things done while driving.

Curiously, the Squeezebox has a similar problem... the user is often
distracted and in a hurry while fiddling with the remote, and it's a lot
more complex than the typical chrome-faced stereo equipment that many of
us grew up with (especially when you bring in synchronization). Still, I
think SDI has done a better job of hiding the complexity than many
others who have attempted.

--
Jack At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin
so across the Western ocean I must wander" -- trad.

Michaelwagner
2005-10-30, 20:33
We need a popcorn button.You'll need a bigger power supply :-)

Michaelwagner
2005-10-30, 20:39
I never use the SB remote either.Exactly. If I didn't need the damned remote to fire the box up, I'd throw it away. In fact, one button on the front panel that emulated the right arrow key would do me for life. For me, remotes are the next best thing to useless. 2 units side by side, which one is the remote going to flash this time? A knob gives an awful lot of feedback in a single control and with easy hand movements - the speed of twisting, the direction, push the knob in when you get to the right place and that's a select operation.

Hey, Dean, maybe Seth has some knobs left over from the last production run ...

Jess Askey
2005-10-30, 23:31
You make a 'popcorn' button on the SB4 and I will promise not to
complain about it's form factor!!! ;-)

seanadams wrote:

>
>
>Jess Askey Wrote:
>
>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>

cshaida
2005-10-31, 11:07
i'll go one futher. put a 'popcorn' button on the sb4 and i'll immediately buy them to replace my sb2s!

You make a 'popcorn' button on the SB4 and I will promise not to
complain about it's form factor!!! ;-)

seanadams wrote:

>
>
>Jess Askey Wrote:
>
>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>

docbee
2005-10-31, 12:05
You are kidding, nothing will ever stop me from complaining! That's my duty as a customer, and I take my duties very seriously...

Apart from that, I would like to throw my 2 cents on the knob-issue. As a user of an audiotron, some "soundblaster wireless music" thingies, a grand old slimp3 and a squeezebox 2, I have to say that the audiotron really shines with its knob navigation. Having a slim bundled with an rf remote with display (which is the only great thing of the sbwm) and a ipod-like navigation "knob" would be heaven.

Sonos is a bit going that way, but they are not in my budget and the song title limits and their very closed product approach are not what I am looking for.

Michaelwagner
2005-10-31, 12:26
I liked the idea someone mentioned about a USB knob ...

pfarrell
2005-10-31, 12:36
On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 11:26 -0800, Michaelwagner wrote:

> I liked the idea someone mentioned about a USB knob ...

See
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/
With a little work, this could do it all
http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro/

--
Pat

scalesr1
2005-10-31, 12:40
Did somebody say USB Knob?

http://www.macplus.nl/pages/detail.php?productID=532

Richard Scales

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:Michaelwagner.1xs77z (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com]
Sent: 31 October 2005 19:26
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Re: Audiotrons?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the
results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=17641
Question: Audiotron(s)

- Had one, but no longer have it.
- Had more than one, but no longer have them.
- Have one, have it still.
- Have more than one, have them still.

I liked the idea someone mentioned about a USB knob ...

--
Michaelwagner

Marshall Clow
2005-10-31, 12:42
At 2:36 PM -0500 10/31/05, Pat Farrell wrote:
>On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 11:26 -0800, Michaelwagner wrote:
>
>> I liked the idea someone mentioned about a USB knob ...
>
>See http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/

I have one of these - what a beautifully made piece of equipment.
[ I haven't found a daily use for it, but it is amazingly well made ;-) ]
--
-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:marshall (AT) idio (DOT) com>

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

mherger
2005-10-31, 12:45
> I liked the idea someone mentioned about a USB knob ...

http://www.herger.net/slim/powermate.avi :-)

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

dean
2005-10-31, 13:15
Ok, Michael, tell us how you did that!

Michaelwagner
2005-10-31, 13:18
http://www.herger.net/slim/powermate.avi :-)Michael: what was playing in the background. I could tell it was german but couldn't make it out. It sounded like a radio advertisement.

Michaelwagner
2005-10-31, 13:25
the other thing we should look into is supporting a mouse wheel if the user has a wheelmouse

mherger
2005-10-31, 13:30
> Ok, Michael, tell us how you did that!

Wow! At last! I really had to insinst until somebody asked :-)

It's obviously a Powermate I'm using with the Gizmo Daemon (formerly known
as powermated: http://powermated.sourceforge.net/) running on my Linux
box. A little script receives the events from the Powermate and executes
appropriate commands to slimserver using the CLI.

--

Michael

mherger
2005-10-31, 13:36
> Michael: what was playing in the background. I could tell it was german
> but couldn't make it out. It sounded like a radio advertisement.

Neither nor, I'm sorry: it's french, a skit on couleur3
(http://www.couleur3.ch) - anyone who knows that channel could confirm it

--

Michael

gorstk
2005-10-31, 13:43
Michael Herger wrote:
>> Ok, Michael, tell us how you did that!
>
>
> Wow! At last! I really had to insinst until somebody asked :-)
>
> It's obviously a Powermate I'm using with the Gizmo Daemon (formerly
> known as powermated: http://powermated.sourceforge.net/) running on my
> Linux box. A little script receives the events from the Powermate and
> executes appropriate commands to slimserver using the CLI.
>

Just need a wireless/bluetooth model!

Marc Sherman
2005-10-31, 13:52
seanadams wrote:
>
> I have one of those and I hate it. My old microwave had a popcorn
> button which worked for EVERYTHING.
>
> We need a popcorn button.

Popcorn buttons are the new pony.

- Marc

mikeb
2005-11-03, 20:03
Michaelwagner wrote:
> Out of curiousity, how many people have/had audiotrons?
>
>

I have one, with an .. interesting story.

I couldn't find a cheap wireless device to act as a bridge to my AP,
so I used a PC I had laying around to act as a router. The PC ran
FreeBSD, and had both a 10baseT and 802.11b PCI cards in it. The PC
mounted my MP3 collection from the main server via NFS (over IPSEC),
and then re-shared it via SMB to the Audiotron.

To control the Audiotron, I statically routed a separate IP block to
the routing PC on the main gateway, then used the http interface.

Well, quickly I found the screen to be too small, so I wrote some
shell scripts to query the web interface for the currently playing
song. The scripts then would display to the console which was
viewable via the s-video out to the TV.

In the end it worked, and was usable. The problem was, I could ssh in
to the PC and play an mp3 with mpg123 much faster than I could
navigate to it with the remote. Ultimately I removed the Audiotron,
and changed my shell scripts to perl with countdown timers and colors
as an interface to mpg123.

Then the hard drive died in the PC this summer and I decided it was
time to buy something more "adult". This included removing the full
sized PC from under the TV. The squeezebox has fit well so far.
Still not perfect, but getting there.

I still have my audiotron in the closet if anyone is interested in it.
Really my only major problem was screen size in the big room I had
it in.

-- Mike

redandgray
2005-11-04, 07:04
I have a couple of AudioTrons. They were a good idea done in by a poor engineering implementation. The choice of WinCE with a woefully underpowered CPU doomed them. Even when they were not wedged, they were barely functional. Turtle Beach has since discontinued them, but not before they misled their users for over a year about new and improved products that never materialized. They were also extremely touchy about constructive criticism from their loyal users. But I'm not bitter. :)

I have recently replaced them with a Squeezebox. Like many (most?) people on the AudioTron mailing list, mine are up for sale. They would make fine doorstops or garden pedestals.

Michaelwagner
2005-11-04, 07:10
mine are up for sale. They would make fine doorstops or garden pedestals.Actually, looking at the case, it might well make a fine rack mount case for a slim ... and then there's the knob ... anyone got a non-functional Audiotron want to sell me just the case?

docbee
2005-11-04, 07:14
Hi redandgray, I felt the same about turtle beach and what they did with a loyal community. I always wondered how one having such a fine product in place in very early days could waste years without improving the product. When the whole thing starts, the audiotron was a good product (compared to the rio receiver, for example).

sandeen
2006-02-12, 18:22
I would certainly have preferred a squeezebox in the audiotron
form factor... put a knob on the front and I'd be very happy.

I briefly considered trying to take apart the sb3 and shoe-horn
it into the AT box ;-)

Michaelwagner
2006-02-12, 21:10
You'd have better luck putting an SB2 in than an SB3. I'm considering a 1U dual-sb2 home-brew unit.