PDA

View Full Version : PerlTray ??

gingerneil
2005-10-29, 03:04
Good work with 6.2 - I'm happy... that is except from just about the most minor thing!
The mouse-over for the slimtray icon is now PerlTray... seems a little strange. Could we have the old caption back please ?? Also, I understand the reasons for the new icon, but is there any way of IDing the connected SB and displaying the 'correct' icon ?

Michaelwagner
2005-10-29, 08:38
Good work with 6.2 - The mouse-over for the slimtray icon is now PerlTray... seems a little strange.Really? Doesn't happen for me. I have 2 icons, one in the systray, and one in the quicklaunch area. The "mouseover" for the systray either says "slimserver running" or "slimserver stopped", depending.

And, amusingly, when it's stopping or starting the server, it has a little yellow cartoon balloon saying "starting slimserver" or some such. Cute touch.

The mouseover for the quicklaunch icon is just "Slimserver".

My OS is W2K. What's yours?

Michaelwagner
2005-10-29, 08:43
oh, and while we're on the topic.

The slim tray thingie, whatever it is (and I can't tell, cuz I can't seem to find any source for it), seems to shut down the server quite nicely. When I run the development versions of the server from the .pl files at a command prompt, the only way I can find to shut them down is ^C (Control-C) which turns into SigKill (if memory serves), which isn't the nicest way to make it go away (and more importantly, messes with the profiler statistics I'm running).

But is there a way to control which version of slim the slimtray starts and stops? Can I get it to start and stop a development version? Or is this a suggestion for product improvement? I can write one if that's what's needed, but I'd hate to both only to find out it's done, just documented off to the side somewhere where I've missed it.

And I suppose this should really go in the developer section, only this posting reminded me I've been meaning to ask... I can move this posting to the development section if it's more suitable there.

Michael

MeSue
2005-10-29, 09:20
I reported this a few days ago.
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2382

Still says PerlTray for me as of last night's 6.2.1.

The mouse-over for the slimtray icon is now PerlTray... seems a little strange. Could we have the old caption back please ?? Also, I understand the reasons for the new icon, but is there any way of IDing the connected SB and displaying the 'correct' icon ?