PDA

View Full Version : Translations in new code



mherger
2005-02-07, 10:06
I'm working on some translations for the v6 code. And I was very surprised
to find some, ahhm..., rather interesting translations in the new search
code (maybe elsewhere, too).

I hope this was an automatic translation, because some of it is hardly
comprehensible...

Please don't get me wrong. But I'd prefer working with a non translated
software rather than with stuff I first have to translate back to english
to comprehend what was meant in the first place. And it's easier for the
translator to find missing translations than to hunt for strings that need
some work. I'm glad to help with the German strings.

Regards,

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

Dan Sully
2005-02-07, 10:28
* Michael Herger shaped the electrons to say...

>I'm working on some translations for the v6 code. And I was very surprised
>to find some, ahhm..., rather interesting translations in the new search
>code (maybe elsewhere, too).
>
>I hope this was an automatic translation, because some of it is hardly
>comprehensible...

Yep - that was my attempt at using Google's translator software.

Which one(s) in particular were humourous to you? :)

-D
--
<fuz> deregulation will lead to greater competition, consumer choice, and lower prices.
my name is elmer fudd. I own a mansion and a yacht.

mherger
2005-02-07, 10:56
>> I'm working on some translations for the v6 code. And I was very
>> surprised to find some, ahhm..., rather interesting translations in
>> the new search code (maybe elsewhere, too).
>>
>> I hope this was an automatic translation, because some of it is hardly
>> comprehensible...
>
> Yep - that was my attempt at using Google's translator software.
>
> Which one(s) in particular were humourous to you? :)

Would not call it really humourous, but "Vorgerückt Suchen" wasn't bad.
:-) Remembered me of that "advanced english book" they gave us a few years
back: "English for runaways".

Did you use Google for other translations, too?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

Dan Sully
2005-02-07, 10:58
* Michael Herger shaped the electrons to say...

>Would not call it really humourous, but "Vorgerückt Suchen" wasn't bad.
>:-) Remembered me of that "advanced english book" they gave us a few years
>back: "English for runaways".
>
>Did you use Google for other translations, too?

Only for the most recent checkin to strings.txt

-D
--
"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"

dean
2005-02-07, 12:53
On Feb 7, 2005, at 9:28 AM, Dan Sully wrote:
> Yep - that was my attempt at using Google's translator software.
Yes, let's leave the translations to humans (who speak the language)
for now...