View Full Version : slimserver 6.2 problem

2005-10-27, 19:54
I just installed the new 6.2 software and have two problems:
1) the device no longer recognizes the remote. Here is what i have done so far:

Changed the batteries,
Unchecked the "slimdevice remote" box in player settings>remote, closed slimserver and reopened, and rechecked the box.
Verified that the stop, paused, skip etc functions are accessible through the computer and keyboard.
Verified that the device is operating correctly, just not recognizing the remote

anything else?

2) And now the upper part of the right (squeezebox/playlist) pane of the slimserver software shows a message that says "The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings." The lower portion of the page showing the active playlist is displayed normally and the music is playing.

What browser settings??

I've had slimserver and squeezebox for a while and have upgraded several times with no problem. I hope there are easy workarounds. I am grateful for any help. Thanks,
- Show quoted text -

2005-10-28, 03:11
I reported intermittent playback with 6.2 in another thread. Well using the remote was one of the thinsg that provoked the problem. It even happened once last night with 6.1.1. I had been lying on the couch listening for about a half hour. I then wanted to know what track was playing. I had shut off the laptop, so I picked up the remote and pressed 'Now Playing'. All hell then broke loose. The music stopped and then came back intermittently, a quick sample every few seconds. The display on the SB2 became corrupt. One of the things displayed was 'Cannot connect to SlimServer'. I powered up the laptop and was unable to connect to SlimServer. The quick snatches of music were continuing all the while. I went upstairs to the server machine. SlimServer was still running but 20 minutes later it still had not recovered its composure.

Seems that uninstalling and then going back to 6.1.1 (and reloading the old firmware) has not cured all the problems introduced by 6.2.