PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver 6.2.0 CPU % is high

amcfarla
2005-10-27, 14:21
I have just installed the 6.2.0 version and my CPU % for slim.exe has been staying around nearly 20-50% all day long, I know the slim will use a lot when scanning the library, but it has been staying at this percentage all day long, and I not sure why. Nothing has changed on my PC other than upgrading to the newer version. Is anyone else having this issue, I am going to revert back to the older version til this issue is resolved.

MrC
2005-10-27, 17:07
This sounds like scanning is in an endless loop. I've seen this once or twice when upgrade versions. This is why I recommend deleting the entire server\Cache directory before updating. Also clearing playlists too.

If you want to give it a shot, kill the server, remove your server\Cache folder and restart the server. If this doesn't help, do the same thing again, but this time move your playlists out of the way before you restart the server.

Neil Cameron
2005-10-28, 03:05
You might also have a Windows shortcut in one directory that loops back to
another...

--
Neil

"amcfarla"
<amcfarla.1xkxvn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote in message news:amcfarla.1xkxvn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com...
>
> I have just installed the 6.2.0 version and my CPU % for slim.exe has
> been staying around nearly 20-50% all day long, I know the slim will
> use a lot when scanning the library, but it has been staying at this
> percentage all day long, and I not sure why. Nothing has changed on my
> PC other than upgrading to the newer version. Is anyone else having
> this issue, I am going to revert back to the older version til this
> issue is resolved.
>
>
> --
> amcfarla

amcfarla
2005-10-28, 06:08
After removing the 6.2.0 version and went back to 6.1.1 the cpu % dropped back to normal, I will trying to doing the suggestions listed above, but it seems to be something buggy in the newest version.