PDA

View Full Version : Playback of album starts not with first track

dip
2005-10-27, 09:40
When I start to play a whole album through my Squeezebox by using "browse albums", scrolling to the desired albums and pressing PLAY (without entering into the album) sometimes playback is started with the first track (as it should) and sometimes with any other track of the album.

I have the impression (but not yet verified) that the track number for the first track to be played is incorrectly taken from the last track that has played of a saved playlist. I mean, if you have a saved playlist comprising e.g. 10 tracks, play the tracks of this palylist and stop (or pause) e.g. at the 3rd track, select an album using "browse albums" and press PLAY on the album name then playback is not started with the first but with the 3rd track of this album. Since on top of a saved playlist the track number of the last played song is stored can it be that Slimserver inccorectly reads this value?

Dieter

kdf
2005-10-27, 09:51
Quoting dip <dip.1xkkwz (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

Since on
> top of a saved playlist the track number of the last played song is
> stored can it be that Slimserver inccorectly reads this value?

d_source log will show any skipping of songs, or jumping to other tracks.
d_command might also be useful as it will show which command the serer is
running when you play an album.

thanks,
kdf

Allan Hise
2005-10-27, 22:53
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, dip wrote:

> When I start to play a whole album through my Squeezebox by using
> "browse albums", scrolling to the desired albums and pressing PLAY
> (without entering into the album) sometimes playback is started with
> the first track (as it should) and sometimes with any other track of
> the album.

I thought this was happening to me one, then I realized "shuffle" was
turned on. Could this be the case?

dip
2005-10-28, 02:05
@Allan
Shuffle is definitely not on.

@kdf
I have created the log, but it's over 500 lines. Should I include it in this thread (which would make it a bit lengthy) or should I e-mail it to you?

Dieter

Khuli
2005-10-28, 06:40
I had a similar thing a while ago which turned out to be errors in the ID3 tags, so it's worth checking these.

Despite changing the settings to play in filename order (each filename began with the track number) it never worked, so it's possible this is also your problem.

If you don't have an editor, i found this particularly good:
http://www.id3-tagit.de/english/index.htm

dip
2005-10-28, 06:46
I have all tags checked and my file names start always with the track no. so this could not be the problem.

It's definitely not related to the tags. When I first play a saved playlist and stop at track no. 5 of this playlist, then select an album (using browse albums) and press the PLAY button (at the remote) while the album name is displayed, playback starts at track no. 5 of this album. When I play the same saved playlist and stop at track no. 3, then select the same album as before and press PLAY at the album name, playback starts at track no. 3 of this album.

Dieter

kdf
2005-10-28, 08:52
On 28-Oct-05, at 2:05 AM, dip wrote:

>
> @Allan
> Shuffle is definitely not on.
>
> @kdf
> I have created the log, but it's over 500 lines. Should I include it in
> this thread (which would make it a bit lengthy) or should I e-mail it
> to
> you?
>
might be best to attach the file (not paste) to a bug report.

in the comment, you can describe the exact steps you use to repeat the
problem.
thanks,
kdf