PDA

View Full Version : Can't Stream FLAC to Squeezebox but can stream MP3

GravyBoat
2005-10-26, 19:03
I have a squeezebox and I'm running Slimserver from a Windows 2000 server PC over a wireless network. I used to have the whole setup working, but recently, my server died, and I've had to redo the whole setup.
I've got everything up and running, (and I'm in the process of re-ripping my whole cd collection!) and I'm having a problem that I didn't have before. All my music is stored as FLAC files. When I configure Slimserver to stream FLAC's as MP3's everything works fine, but if I enable the FLAC to WAV option, I get no output. The squeezebox tells me that it can't open the file. How can I get FLAC to WAV conversion to work?

I also have a second related question. In addition to the squeezebox, I have a Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC. I use TelCanto software, and GSPlayer to stream from Slimserver, and use the Axim as a portable player when I'm roaming about the house, or when I don't want to disturb my wife. (Once I get FLAC to WAV working for the Squeezebox,) will slimserver automatically know to stream WAV's to the Squeezebox, and MP3's to the Axim? Can I be sure it's not streaming MP3's to the Squeezebox. The file type settings are server-wide, not specific to each player.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

greedy_grendel
2005-10-30, 14:40
<<<<I have a squeezebox and I'm running Slimserver from a Windows 2000 server PC over a wireless network. I used to have the whole setup working, but recently, my server died, and I've had to redo the whole setup.
I've got everything up and running, (and I'm in the process of re-ripping my whole cd collection!) and I'm having a problem that I didn't have before. All my music is stored as FLAC files. When I configure Slimserver to stream FLAC's as MP3's everything works fine, but if I enable the FLAC to WAV option, I get no output. The squeezebox tells me that it can't open the file. How can I get FLAC to WAV conversion to work?>>>>

Sorry, can't help you much with this but it sounds like your flac->wav transcoder is broken. Maybe a Slimserver re-install?

<<<<I also have a second related question. In addition to the squeezebox, I have a Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC. I use TelCanto software, and GSPlayer to stream from Slimserver, and use the Axim as a portable player when I'm roaming about the house, or when I don't want to disturb my wife. (Once I get FLAC to WAV working for the Squeezebox,) will slimserver automatically know to stream WAV's to the Squeezebox, and MP3's to the Axim? Can I be sure it's not streaming MP3's to the Squeezebox. The file type settings are server-wide, not specific to each player.>>>>

Go to the player settings for the SB in Slimserver and see if the LAME settings for Bitrate Limiting are set at "No-Limit". That should see you right for streaming WAV (eventually) to the SB and MP3 to the PDA.

<<<<Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!>>>>

Cheers,
-m