PDA

View Full Version : SlimServer keeps stopping

agentsmith
2005-10-25, 17:43
Just installed SlimServer 6.2 into an old Thinkpad X20 with newly installed Windows XP SP2.

Server started and I was able to play music with my SB2. But somehow the server keeps stopping itself in the background. I could restart but it would return to stopped mode after a few minutes.

It was late at night so I did not have time to do more further diagnosis.

Did anyone have similar experience with SlimSever?

MrC
2005-10-25, 18:06
There are numerous posts in the Forum here which are similar.

Anything in your window's application event log?

agentsmith
2005-10-25, 20:07
I did recall seeing a post like that but cant seem to find it. In any case is there a known solution?

There is a message in the event log, I do not have access to it now but can post later.

mkosma
2005-10-25, 20:22
Same problem here - server quit in mid-track. Here's the error msg from my event log:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Can't locate object method "url" via package "Class::DBI::Object::Has::Been::Deleted" at /PerlApp/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 955.

Dan Sully
2005-10-25, 20:26
* mkosma shaped the electrons to say...

>Same problem here - server quit in mid-track. Here's the error msg from
>my event log:

What version of SlimServer are you running?

-D
--
<jwb> "I am POWERBOOK thy god. Thou shalt have no other laptop before me"
<gage> and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and the hills shall melt

mkosma
2005-10-25, 20:41
I'm running the 6.2 official release.

Dan Sully
2005-10-25, 20:50
* mkosma shaped the electrons to say...

>I'm running the 6.2 official release.

And did you change that track's tags, move that track, rescan, or anything
like that while it was playing?

-D
--
<weezyl> $6.66: The Value Meal of the Beast.

mkosma
2005-10-25, 21:44
Hmm. I did have Tag & Rename running. I don't believe I changed the tag of a playing track, but believe I changed the tag on one that had recently played.

max.spicer
2005-10-26, 00:31
This happened to me a few days ago. I was happily listening to a track when it suddenly stopped for no reason. I've never seen it before or since, so I must admit that I simply pressed play again and thought no more of it. That was with the trunk.

Max

Same problem here - server quit in mid-track. Here's the error msg from my event log:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Can't locate object method "url" via package "Class::DBI::Object::Has::Been::Deleted" at /PerlApp/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 955.

agentsmith
2005-10-26, 02:21
I have the same errror message as the previous poster, and also running 6.2

After the server stops, I have to manually restart, only to have it fail again in less then a minute.

This happens with numerous tracks, one of which I know for certain that worked in from another server I will trying before.

*** Sidenote: Where can I download 6.1 again?

Gareth Hughes(slim)
2005-10-26, 11:16
i have exactly this too. I searched for a track, went into the
properties of it, the album then went right, ie to go into the album.
Server went bang as below.

mkosma wrote:
> Same problem here - server quit in mid-track. Here's the error msg from
> my event log:
>
> The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be
> found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
> information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
> computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
> description; see Help and Support for details. The following
> information is part of the event: Can't locate object method "url" via
> package "Class::DBI::Object::Has::Been::Deleted" at
> /PerlApp/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 955.
>
>

mattybain
2005-10-26, 11:22
I have the same errror message as the previous poster, and also running 6.2

After the server stops, I have to manually restart, only to have it fail again in less then a minute.

This happens with numerous tracks, one of which I know for certain that worked in from another server I will trying before.

*** Sidenote: Where can I download 6.1 again?

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/