PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox 3 in the UK

blacklaw
2005-10-25, 02:12
The new squeezebox looks great. According to the website 2 * wired Squeezebox 3 + P&P (incl.$100 off promo) comes to just over 250.

Has anyone in the UK bought directly from Slim Devices before? If so, can you please advise on what you paid in duty charges?

Also, can someone from Slim Devices please tell me how much they will be charging for the Squeezebox 3 at the MacExpo 2005 in London this week?

Thanks!

Craig, James (IT)
2005-10-25, 02:16
Dean already said no SB3s at the MacExpo.

Shame, they probably could have sold as many as they could bring...

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

ceejay
2005-10-25, 02:27
Has anyone in the UK bought directly from Slim Devices before? If so, can you please advise on what you paid in duty charges?

This has been discussed before, I think the consensus was that you're better off buying from one of the numerous resellers here in the UK. Once they have stock in of the new box, they should all be able to give you a quick response and local support (just in case you have to return anything!).

Ceejay

blacklaw
2005-10-25, 02:28
[QUOTE=Craig, James (IT)]Dean already said no SB3s at the MacExpo.

Shame, they probably could have sold as many as they could bring...

James
--------------------------------------------------------
I must have missed that - sorry!

blacklaw
2005-10-25, 02:30
This has been discussed before, I think the consensus was that you're better off buying from one of the numerous resellers here in the UK. Once they have stock in of the new box, they should all be able to give you a quick response and local support (just in case you have to return anything!).

Ceejay

Yes, that's the way I remember the discussion as well. I was just wondering whether the $100 promomotion would make it more worthwhile ordering direct.

JohnD76
2005-10-25, 02:40
If it will cost you 250 then the duty will be VAT on 250 + 4 royal mail handling fee. Which is roughly 48.00.

I would buy from a UK dealer if I were you. I got my SB2 from Broadbandstuff.co.uk which included free shipping.

I haven't found a UK dealer with a SB3 yet though, so you may need to wait. I personally an going to stick with my SB2, though the SB3 looks nicer, but I bought it to listen to music and not look at.

ultra238a
2005-10-25, 02:58
Currently at the moment we have price parity at 179.99 (wired) and 229.99 (wireless) with the US (once you add delivery and VAT).

We will be talking with Patrick this week about how we can implement the $100 discount when you buy two Squeezebox Gen3 so if you are in the market for two units please hang fire for the time being.

Paul
Progressive Consumer Electronics Ltd

Richie
2005-10-25, 10:38
> We will be talking with Patrick this week about how we can implement
> the $100 discount when you buy two Squeezebox Gen3 so if you are in the
> market for two units please hang fire for the time being.
>
> Paul
> Progressive Consumer Electronics Ltd

I'm about to buy another two, so it'd be great if you can sort something out.

Richard