PDA

View Full Version : Albums with files in different directorys

mirage62
2005-10-25, 01:42
I'm running XP SP2, Squeezebox 1 and the official 6.2 release.

After rescanning I have too many albums, and the problem is that albums with files in more than one directory are split in two (or more) entrys in the album-list.

This happens no matter if I scan directore or if I use iTunes.

In some earlier 6.2 beta I could get it to work by checking Common Album Titles / Specify a list but this does not work anymore in the official release.

Peter

Paulussie
2005-10-25, 02:17
Hi,

Ever since installing 6.2 I also have that a lot of my albums get split in two or three. The album name stays the same, f.i. '20 Golden Memories', but I get three instances, the first containing tracks 1 to 5, the second containing tracks 17 to 20, and the third containing tracks 6 to 16.

Rescanning with clearing the library does not help. I am using an SB1 and SB2 with a WinXP server (no iTunes).

Paul

NickM
2005-10-25, 06:41
Try Server Settings / Behavior / Compilations 'Group Compilations Together'.
And search the forum for similar problems before unnecessarily posting.
nick

kdf
2005-10-25, 08:58
On 25-Oct-05, at 1:42 AM, mirage62 wrote:

>
> I'm running XP SP2, Squeezebox 1 and the official 6.2 release.
>
> After rescanning I have too many albums, and the problem is that albums
> with files in more than one directory are split in two (or more) entrys
> in the album-list.
>
> This happens no matter if I scan directore or if I use iTunes.
>
I believe you can fix this by setting the "compilation" tag.
-k

JJZolx
2005-10-25, 11:14
I'm running XP SP2, Squeezebox 1 and the official 6.2 release.

After rescanning I have too many albums, and the problem is that albums with files in more than one directory are split in two (or more) entrys in the album-list.

This happens no matter if I scan directore or if I use iTunes.

In some earlier 6.2 beta I could get it to work by checking Common Album Titles / Specify a list but this does not work anymore in the official release.

Ummm, this behavior has been "changed"...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=17229

mirage62
2005-10-25, 14:28
I have allready set the Compilation-flag in iTunes, and still the result is still too many dublicate entrys in the album list no matter if I scan the music folder or if I use iTunes plugin.

Perhaps there are other fields that has to be the same for 6.2 to see that it's the same album ? I have albums where the year-tag is different on the same various-albums.

Peter

ndeb
2005-10-26, 02:58
Having the same problem. I went through and set the 'compilation' flag in itunes for all affected albums. It's certainly reduced the scale of the problem, but there I'm still left with quite a few albums which appear to be resistant to this fix, and are still appearing several times over. Any further suggestions for how to work this out...? Must be quite a widespread problem due to the way itunes music libraries are structured.

Nick

Dan Sully
2005-10-26, 09:07
* ndeb shaped the electrons to say...

>Having the same problem. I went through and set the 'compilation' flag
>in itunes for all affected albums. It's certainly reduced the scale of
>the problem, but there I'm still left with quite a few albums which
>appear to be resistant to this fix, and are still appearing several
>times over. Any further suggestions for how to work this out...? Must
>be quite a widespread problem due to the way itunes music libraries are
>structured.

Can you try checking the 'Common Album Titles' button in Settings -> Behavior?

Then Wipe & Rescan

Thanks.

-D
--
vacation (n) : an extended trip away from home in search of inconvenient ways to connect to the Internet.

mirage62
2005-10-26, 12:26
I have this checked as I wrote in the start of this thread. This worked for some of the earlier 6.2 betas, but not anymore.

Peter