PDA

View Full Version : sound skipping

gator
2005-10-24, 10:54
I'm having trouble with my SB1. The sound cuts in and out (approx. 40% sound). It's very frustrating. I've changed my ethernet cables, used a different computer, have the latest firmware/software and I'm using the digital coax output to an expensive DAC (sonic frontiers D3). I have the same problem with 2 identical SB's so I don't think it is defective. The data cable is 39feet long. I went with the coax vs. toslink because of the length of run. Could the network settings affect the data flow like this? I would assume that the player would lose contact with the server if that was the problem.

ceejay
2005-10-24, 15:56
Not sure if you've yet determined whether the problem is between (a) slimserver and SB2 or (b) SB2 and DAC.

What happens if you shove some headphones in the headphone jack - do you get continuous or skipping sound?

Ceejay

mkosma
2005-10-24, 21:44
There's a new plugin in the latest slimserver software. Try upgrading to the latest drivers (6.2), then under the web interface, select Help, then Server and Network Settings. Let that run for a little bit, then examine the output, or cut and paste it here. That might help determine whether this is a network problem.

gator
2005-10-26, 12:16
Not sure if you've yet determined whether the problem is between (a) slimserver and SB2 or (b) SB2 and DAC.

What happens if you shove some headphones in the headphone jack - do you get continuous or skipping sound?

Ceejay

i used the headphone idea and it looks like the problem is with the DAC. thanks all for your suggestions.